[Archive] Warhammer Forge Rules-where are they?

Shimsham:

Hi guys, I have been a long time lurker, and I have been building a force of big hat chaos dwarfs for some time, but I have never used them in battle. I have nothing painted, and the collection has been slow due to funds and availability of models. I have been wanting to build an army list using the new warhammer forge rules, and I was wondering where you guys got your points and stats from? I can’t find the list!!!

And I would just like to say a big thank you to all of you for keeping the chaos dwarfs alive! Your efforts are being rewarded!!

Pyro Stick:

The rules that people are using are photos of wip pages of the book that was at games day france and the pdf’s of experimental rules from forge worlds website for the war machines and infernal guard. The photos of the rules were deleted so i dont know where you can get them.

Ogre_Mage:

Send me a PM with your email and I can help with that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ugly Green Trog:

Send me a PM with your email and I can help with that ;P

Ogre_Mage
Any chance I could get a look too please Ogre Mage?

Shimsham:

Thanks guys, I look forward to the chaos dwarfs getting past the “white dwarf Presents” stage! I heard that there are no more goblin bolt throwers though. I hope that’s wrong as the models are one of the best looking bolt throwers in the game!

Galladorn:

I heard that there are no more goblin bolt throwers though. I hope that's wrong as the models are one of the best looking bolt throwers in the game!

Shimsham
I agree. I actually have 8 Hobgoblin bolt throwers, and 1 still in the blister. I will weep openly if WF excludes them from the list.

Nicodemus:

Best chance to see any of your old models besides the old Core entries, which are still represented in the new list, would be to jury rig a combination of the older Ravening Hordes and forthcoming Throne of Chaos CD lists. One idea might be to count your army built from the Ravening Hordes CD list as Chaos Warriors for the purposes of adding-on things from the new list, as most (if not all) CD entries in the new army list can be included in a Warriors of Chaos army.

These would still be in friendly games, however. There’s no telling what things will be like in a years time when the Throne of Chaos rules are out and the odd tournament here and there allow CDs. The guys at WF did point out that the new rules are in no way meant to replace any existing rules, such as they are.

~N

snowblizz:

I heard that there are no more goblin bolt throwers though. I hope that's wrong as the models are one of the best looking bolt throwers in the game!

Shimsham
Even my Dwarf playing friend agrees with that (and fields one), so you know it gotta be one sweet model.:P

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve had a chance to look at the leaked stuff from Gamesday and the army seems a bit vanilla.  Only two Hobgoblins units in the whole book?  That seems like an opportunity missed.  No whacky towers of doom nor chariots or other bizzare contraptions…  Does anyone know if there is more coming or is it all speculation at this point?

Grimbold Blackhammer

wizuriel:

I've had a chance to look at the *leaked* stuff from Gamesday and the army seems a bit vanilla.  Only two Hobgoblins units in the whole book?  That seems like an opportunity missed.  No whacky towers of doom nor chariots or other bizzare contraptions...  Does anyone know if there is more coming or is it all speculation at this point?

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
Yeah, I've been really dissapointed by what I've seen so far. I was hoping GW would make chaos dwarfs have a bunch of hybrid demon units or use some of the newer demonologist fluff. Instead the warhammerforge list seems to just be evil dwarfs with magic.

wallacer:

Remember that the Tamurkhan list is just one Clan out of the whole Chaos Dwarf Empire.

If Forgeworld ever did a proper Chaos Dwarf list it may well encompass a much wider array of troops and equipment (not that that’s much comfort to us now, I admit).

rabotak:

Remember that the Tamurkhan list is just one Clan out of the whole Chaos Dwarf Empire.
If Forgeworld ever did a proper Chaos Dwarf list it may well encompass a much wider array of troops and equipment (not that that's much comfort to us now, I admit).

wallacer
add to that that because of differing interests in the community, they have to bring them all under one big hat - big hats, masks and helms, daemon stuff,steampunk and vanevil dwarfs... its very difficult to make everyone happy still they went down this eoute and i think theyre doing quite good job tbh... theyve included everything somehow, you can make all steampunk warmachines daemonic, theres 2 types of cd-specific daemons, we still have our slaves, hats and no hats etc. and surprisingly it all fits together... and i believe if the stuff sells well enough we'll see even more diversity in the next years.

Nebuchandnezzar:

Well, remember that tamurkhan’s story is not over so there will probably be more Chaos Dwarf units and lists in the second and final nurgle book. Fingers crossed I’m right…

cornixt:

The number of books seems to change on a weekly basis, so I’m not even going to bother wondering what will be in subsequent books until long after Tamurkhan is released.

wallacer:

No, first there was the rumour about a whole sequence of Chaos books, then there was the rumour about a Brettonian/Tomb King book.

Honestly, i’ll be happy just to get my Tamurkhan book then worry about the rest of them later.

rabotak:

+1

btw, does anybody have a clue or estimation on how many books will be printed in the first batch? i’m starting go get a bit worried because there seems to be quite a high demand building up for the book as it includes units for the most popular whfb-armies, an army that doesn’t have an army book, possibly ogre-stuff paralleling the regular release and some scrolls of binding… and i don’t like the thought of possibly waiting for a second batch, if there even is one…

wallacer:

To the best of my knowledge they haven’t stated how many will be published. I always just assumed that they would keep printing them so long as they could keep selling them.

Nebuchandnezzar:

I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get one as myy local GW is going to stock it and as far as the staff, the regulars and I know, I’m the only CD player in the area. Plus there are very few fantasy players and they still have the copies of the Imperial Armour that they got in when they were released, then again, one can only hope…

Ugly Green Trog:

I would think with the number of questions they are getting asked about it they will print loads. Not to mention the volume of CD stuff they have sold already should indicate how popular it will be. If you wanna be sure get to Uk gamesday and go straight to the FW stand

Montanarugby:

Anybody know the hailshot rules? I’m trying to work on my old army and want to know how the rules are going to work so I can figure unit size.