[Archive] Warhammer Tournament in Riga (The capital of Latvia)

Lord Archaon:

Hello Everyone! :hat off

I’m happy to announce the first international Warhammer Tournament in Riga (The capital of Latvia). We’ll be happy to see everyone at our Tournament. And the main reason i’m posting this - the Chaos Dwarfs are allowed in the tournament!

The tournament format : 2250, two days, 5 battles, from 28 february till 1 march.

Tournament will take place in Riga 71 school (Grivas iela 26). GoogleMap coordinates: 56.963813,24.048429

Riga Battlefield rules (almost the same as Tallinn tournament)

Army size up to 2250 points

Models

Models do not have to be painted, but they must me assembled and no proxies are allowed (although wysiwyg is not required).

Non-GW models and conversions are perfectly fine.

All models have to be based on the proper sized base (check the base size chart), although a model may be based on a bigger base, if that is the base that is supplied with it when purchased from the supplier.

Allowed army lists

Usual army lists, which have been out by registration deadline

Chaos Beasts ignore the new list in the White Dwarf and use the lists from their current army books.

Dogs of War from White Dwarf # 251 (link: http://uk.games-workshop.com/dogsofwar/lists/)

Chaos Dwarfs

No Storm of Chaos army lists

Army composition

2250 points

Dogs of War allowed (only the ones from WD #251), Regiments of Renown not allowed

No special characters

No Storm of Chaos and Albion magic items or units

Maximum three slots dedicated to chariots. If a character rides a chariot, then this counts as using a slot if and only if it is stated in the army list that the chariot takes an additional slot.

Maximum three flying units; any character mounted on a flying creature counts as a flying unit, as well as a character that for some reason has the ability to fly (e.g. due to a magic item). Any dragon (together with its rider) counts as two flying units for the purpose of this restriction, except high elf star dragon and sun dragon; star dragon counts as three flying units and sun dragon as one flying unit.

Orcs & Goblins: armies where all characters are goblins gain two extra hero slots, which may not be spent for wizards

Lizardmen: must choose one of the following two restrictions:

1. maximum three units of skinks (excluding chameleons)

2. no Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Daemons:

1. Pure Tzeench armies may use up to 15 power dice instead of 10

2. Pure Khorne armies may use up to 10 dispel dice instead of 9

Magic

Maximum 10 power dice can be used per magic phase.

Maximum 9 dispel dice can be used per magic phase.

Each bound spell which is not �?~one-use only�?T counts, when activated, as one power die used. Each bound spell which is �?~one-use only�?T, counts, when activated, as one power die used in the current magic phase and also all subsequent magic phases.

Each dispel scroll used counts as two dispel dice used in the current magic phase and also all subsequent magic phases.

Dice used to cast spells that grant additional power dice are not counted towards the maximum limit of power dice. Dispel dice/scrolls used to dispel such spells are not counted towards the maximum amount of dispel dice.

The rules restrictions will be following: without the same rare choices, no more than 2 same special choices and 3 core choices, in cases, if that not rank&file infantry without shooting weapon.

Time, schedule and other info will be provided later.

3 Games at Saturday and 2 Games in Sunday.

Scoring System:

Massacre 20

Solid victory 17

Minor victory 13

Draw 10

Minor lost 7

Solid lost 3

Massacred 0

In addition to points for games, there will be points for painting in the tournament. Although the tournament is positioned as a tournament which is all about generalship, the local specifics is such that the players need to be encouraged to paint their armies. The amount of points for painting is determined by the organizer using the following guidelines:

The army is unpainted: 0 points

The army is undercoated: 5 points

The army is painted and based: 10 points

The army is painted in one theme: +5 points (for wholly painted armies only)

The army has noticeable conversions and/or outstanding centerpiece miniatures: +5 points (for wholly painted armies only)

There will be a separate prize for the most impressive painting/conversion.

We’ll be happy to see everyone at our debut in international Warhammer events. We will try to help the visitors with everything we can. Here is our community website and the Gallery section.

If anyone need help with translation PM me.

If someone want to participate please write me:

alex.buzdin@gmail.com

or one of the judges Conjurer:

conjurer_1979@yahoo.co.uk

Ubertechie:

Man there are a lot of restrictions on army choices ? why are they all in place ? They would seem to favour certain armies over others?

Lord Archaon:

Yes i know there is a bunch of restrictions but they are for balance’s sake.

Here are the restrictions from Tallin (the capital of Estonia) Tournament last year .

Dogs of War allowed (only the ones from WD #251), Regiments of Renown not allowed

No special characters

No Storm of Chaos and Albion magic items or units

Maximum three slots dedicated to war machines

Maximum three slots dedicated to chariots. If a character rides a chariot, then this counts as using a slot if and only if it is stated in the army list that the chariot takes an additional slot.

Maximum three slots dedicated to units with gunpowder weapons. Characters and war machines are not counted for the purpose of this restriction.

Maximum three flying units; any character mounted on a flying creature counts as a flying unit, as well as a character that for some reason has the ability to fly (e.g. due to a magic item). Any dragon (together with its rider) counts as two flying units for the purpose of this restriction, except high elf star dragon and sun dragon; star dragon counts as three flying units and sun dragon as one flying unit.

The following units may not be taken in doubles: steam tank, treeman, hydra, giant, wraith, flamers

Skaven: maximum three clanrat/stormvermin weapon teams.

Ogres: may take one unit of Rhinox riders as one rare choice (upgradeable to bull rhinox as per the normal rules)

Orcs & Goblins: armies where all characters are goblins gain two extra hero slots, which may not be spent for wizards

Lizardmen: must choose one of the following two restrictions:

1. maximum three units of skinks (excluding chameleons)

2. no Charm of the Jaguar Warrior

Dark Elves: the sum of amounts of units of harpies and dark riders is five at most

Wood Elves: the sum of amounts of units of dryads, glade riders and wild riders is five at most

Daemons:

1. Pure Tzeench armies may use up to 15 power dice instead of 10

2. Pure Khorne armies may use up to 10 dispel dice instead of 9

3. No Siren Song and only 0-1 Siren Standard; these restrictions are abandoned for pure Slaanesh armies

4. No Staff of Nurgle, and Nurgle heralds may not join plaguebearer units; these restrictions are abandoned for pure Nurgle armies

(inclusion of chaos furies doesn’t prevent an army from being pure)

Vampire counts:

1. A BSB with the Drakenhoff banner may not join a unit of grave guard

2. A Vampire with Red Fury may not have any armour or a mount that grants armour save
So as you can see we left only few of the restrictions. The main reason - the balance of the armies.

Here is the example: if we take 8 boltthrowers and 2 earthshakers our army list would be too cheesy. :wink: As per high elfs they can take 2 dragons and 2 eagles. And there is no interest to play with cheesy armies.

Ubertechie:

Lord Archaon:

Thanks Ubertechie! :slight_smile:

There will be about 15-30 players from Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania and other countries. So it isn’t as big as gamesday but still it’s our first tournament. I hope to see another Chaos Dwarf player at our tournament. :wink:

Sclep:

Hi, I’m a new member, but I’ve been a ghost for a while, meaning to sign up.

However, I need an account to ask:

"Chaos Beasts ignore the new list in the White Dwarf"

Where did that come from? I saw that and have searched around the web, but can’t find any info about it. Am I misreading it, or was a placeholder, ‘get-me-by’ list released in a white dwarf?

Thx for your time,

Sclep

snowblizz:

Hi, I'm a new member, but I've been a ghost for a while, meaning to sign up.

However, I need an account to ask:

"Chaos Beasts ignore the new list in the White Dwarf"

Where did that come from? I saw that and have searched around the web, but can't find any info about it. Am I misreading it, or was a placeholder, 'get-me-by' list released in a white dwarf?

Thx for your time,

Sclep

Sclep
It probably means "ignore the stupid get you by WoC list and pick & mix with HoC as normal"

Lord Archaon:

I’ve asked the judge about the BoC. And the answer is simple you can take any models from Horde of Chaos list eg. they can take both chaos warriors and demons as special slots, with point and characteristic value from the old books, and the army general must be Beastmen.

P.S if you want to participate please PM me and we will talk about the details. :slight_smile:

Sclep:

I've asked the judge about the BoC. And the answer is simple you can take any models from Horde of Chaos list eg. they can take both chaos warriors and demons as special slots, with point and characteristic value from the old books, and the army general must be Beastmen.

P.S if you want to participate please PM me and we will talk about the details. :)

Lord Archaon
I'd love to, with either beasts or CD, but beasts need finishing while CD need starting.

If it was more local to me, it'd be more likely as well, but what can you do? When I'm older, it will be a more viable option for me.

Be sure to post results,

Sclep

Lord Archaon:

Additional info:

Changes in rules, exception due to numerous high elves asks:

High elves can take up to 2 same rare slots.

Registration pay: 7 Ls (10 Euro) This includes T-shirt with tournament logo.

Rosters will be open for opponents.

Registration, rosters and T-shirt size please send to email, conjurer_1979@yahoo.co.uk.

The deadline for rosters and registration is 26 february.

:hat off

Ubertechie:

No way i can make it to the tourney but can i get a t-shirt if i pay entry fee and postage ? Nice to support smaller tournies even if not in person.

Send em an email or PM with details

cheers

Ubertechie

Groznit Goregut:

Hey, I took a vacation to Latvia back in 1996. Go Latvia!

I won’t be able to make that tournament, though. It might be nice to get a t-shirt, though. I would have to check my finances, though, as I’ve been spending it all on ebay bids!

Lord Archaon:

Thanks! Sadly the t-shirt order crashed, because the seller now want a double price on them, so that’s why there will be no t-shirts. :frowning:

The price decreased to 7 euros though.

But maybe if i’ll have some spare time then there will be a free scratch-built kislev warrior model for everyone. I’ll try to sculpt it and cast it like Ishkur.

I’ll tell details about the model soon.

Sadly i have a lot of things to paint till the tournament:

my orcs & goblins army:

Black Orc Big Boss BSB

Night Goblin Spider Riders (10 of 'em)

Orc Boyz (20 of 'em)

2x Goblin Chariot

And a Clash of Titans entry. So there is only a 50% chance about the model :frowning:

Willmark:

One thing I would work on is getting photos of any Chaos Dwarfs in action, I’m sure they could be featured in a certain publication, hint, hint. :hat off