[Archive] Warmachine

maxxev:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Some updates:

Fequiil:

i like those grey on your armour, how did u do that?

maxxev:

GW Black undercoat.
GW foundation Adaptus battle grey.
Watered down GW Codex grey (thin but not so thin it runs too badly, have some tissue to hand in case it does) - I need to get or make a wet pallet
GW Badab black wash.
GW Codex grey highlights. - so far only the converted Unit attachment has had their highlights.

Fequiil:

GW
Black undercoat.
Adaptus battle grey.
Watered down GW Codex grey (thin but not so thin it runs too badly, have some tissue to hand in case it does) - I need to get or make a wet pallet
GW Badab black wash.
GW Codex grey highlights. - so far only the converted Unit attachment has had their highlights.

maxxev
my slave is on his way, thanks!:idea

maxxev:

A conversion of a non-rhulic model, but hell Magnus is SPD 5 due to a gammy leg which make him as slow as the fastest dwarvesā€¦ and therefore fair game for converting into a dwarf.

This time iā€™ve not used the stock model iā€™ve used one of the hammerfall guys and just used all the bits ordered from PP of magnusā€™s arms and backpack / gun.

Still canā€™t find a head I like, I looked through the entire PP bits store with ā€œheadā€ as the search parameters, 15 pages and still nothing that inspiresā€¦ hmmm damnit. lol

nitroglysarine:

awesome, ahhh mek-headless-non-horseman!!

nitroglysarine:

can I ask how you did the bolt on him so cleanly? (the circle with the line.)

maxxev:

Brass tubeā€¦ actually I used 2 brass tubes of almost identical size, one inside the other, I pressed in the smaller one then lightly pushed in the bigger one to get a sort of lip on the circle.

The bolts head line was just done carefully with a knife point, the models left is a lot better than the right (covered with the fist) un-fortunately, but itā€™s not bad.

here is an earlier pic which might be clearer

maxxev:

Actually went with a PP head in the end with quite a lot of work to it :).

And the work in progress Grundback Renegade:

maxxev:

Progress on my Warmachine Infantry

G.2:

Nice to see this old thread come back to life. I did read it a while ago, but it is nice to see that you are keeping it alive. Can we see some better shots (closeups) of those troops. They look stunning.

maxxev:

Nice to see this old thread come back to life. I did read it a while ago, but it is nice to see that you are keeping it alive. Can we see some better shots (closeups) of those troops. They look stunning.

G.2
lol, looks can be deceiving (assuming you are talking about the paint work).

I'll get some shots later today with the first complete squad (In other words I hope to have 10 guys with backpacks and shields complete today!!)

maxxev:

Ok, photo as requested, squad one and the unit attachment for squad 2 (squad 1 unit attachment needs sculpted backpacks as the shields need to hang on the backpacks).

Also I touched up and even painted the eyes of my Siege conversion :slight_smile:

maxxev:

Finally finished!!

The three units are distinguished by their shields.

Unit 1:

Unit 2:

Unit 3: