[Archive] Warplock's Scaled Host - Lizardmen Army Blog

Dino:

The scar-vet. looks good so far.

Coatlsaur looks good so far. Can’t wait to see how you dothe feathers.

warh:

the scar-vet has a very mayan look!

i like him a loot:D

WarplockMonkey:

Just another quick update on the Coatlsaur, with work started on the rider

- Warplock

Grimstonefire:

Damn that’s a big lizard! I see you’re going for the early evolution dinosaur look with all the feathers.

You’ve done a great job, particularly with the arms. The scar vet is also very impressive.

Dino:

Ya know what? Forget what I said about experamenting with the different dinosaur ideas. This is looking really good. Maybe it’s someting you just have to see sculpted to know how cool it’s gonna look.

How are you planning on painting this beast?

Kera foehunter:

Dude!!! that is one pist off parrot!!! i like it!!

i need to get a bigger boat for that one

Canix:

Wow they are looking excellent i really like the blue and purple colourscheme and you coatlsaur is a great concept executed with skill and verve.The whole feathered serpent scheme is really great :hat off

WarplockMonkey:

Dino: Well…to sum it all up, coining Kera’s phrase, im going to paint it like a “pissed off parrot”, with a grey-ish flesh for the skin, and LOADS of colour for the feathers, mostly blues and purples, to tie in with the rest of the army, but it’ll have whites, reds, yellows oranges…just lots and lots of colour :wink:

Well guys, no pictures i am afraid, not much work done today, only more work on the harness of the Coatlsaur, and work on the head and weapon of the Saurus…needless to say expect more feathers :wink:

- Warplock

WarplockMonkey:

Well guys, here are yet more updates! T’was raining outside (suprise suprise), so i hadto take the pictures on the windowsill ¬_¬

Only need to finish the shield, and this bad boy is just about done!

- Warplock

Dino:

WOW! This thing looks amazing so far. I really like the rider. Expecially the head(ilove that head variant). I got nothing to top that…Well maybe when I make my engine.

Kera foehunter:

looks great!! can’t wait to see it painted warplock

Khan!:

I have a newfound respect for parrots because they are so frakking smart, and for this reason I quite like your coatlsaur.

Oh, and it’s a good conversion too I guess :wink:

P.S I think it’s very significant that I’ve never liked lizardmen, but Warplock’s conversions are so far and away superior to GW’s standard models that they make me want an army of my own!

jolpis:

awsome work on the quatlosaur love the feathers!

is it a bird? a dinosaur? no its the birddinosuar!

WarplockMonkey:

Ahhhhh cheers guys! wipes away tear

Well, the Coatlsaur is now finished!

And also…another idea hit me…

Whilst rifling through my grandmas store-room (which she laughingly calls a spare-bedroom), i cam across a massive box full of different coloured plastic gems she uses for her craftwork. Since i needed something for the shield…this gave me an idea!

And, as a treat, this is my workplace, my Grandma’s dining table! I have sat in that exact spot to do my warhammer for just about 6 years!

Thats all for now im afraid!

- Warplock

Dino:

Cool looking sheild. Coatlsaur’s paint job looks really nice so far.

Your work space is so …clean. The exact opposite of mine.

And I spy someof mine on with your guys:).

Keep up the great work.

tjub:

Great work, Im really looking forward to see the whole army painted! You make me start wanting to play lizardmen… :stuck_out_tongue:

WarplockMonkey:

Right, the bad boy is FINISHED! I’ve decided to call him Gar’quincani, meaning roughly ‘explosion of attack’ in Lizzie-speak

My two dinos so far, itll be like Jurassic Park when im finished :wink:

So what do you think guys?

- Warplock

the unheard one:

this army is very cool.

and you made a grove in the seat custion and i can’t wait to see more from your workshop.

tjub:

Im not that a big fan of your Stegadon but Gar’quincani is truly amezing, great work!

Dino:

Very nice paint job man. I really like the paint job on the Old-blood then I do the Coatlsaur. I don’t know why.

And here’s something I had to show you sence said you wanted a lot of dinosaurs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDHob8n-VkI