[Archive] Warrior Great axe conversion

Wrath:

This was originaly a bfsp thunderer that i was going to convert into a standard-bearer but then it turned into a guy with a over his shoulder. Some green struff went wrong so i scraped it all off and the rest of the front of him at which point i decided to have the axe above his head ready to strike. Not sure what i am going to do about a face/mask yet as i have no more of the masks i used for my thane conversion but i am sure i can think of somthing. i’ll post more as i do it. (The red blotches is my blood, just incase you were wondering)

All comments/ideas are welcome

Xander:

Looks like it is going just fine. Post more pictures when you get some!

Grimstonefire:

Oh, thats ok, its only blood… :sick Hashut demands so we obey. :wink:

Its looking good. Will he be a unit champion? That would be quite dynamic for the front rank.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Seems to me that the arms should not point a lot more backwards than that. If you add the face and the beard they will already gravitate a lot towards the back of the miniature. But the axe is a nice design and I’ll look forward to seeing your progress with this miniature.

Kera foehunter:

Omg he a bleeder. Good job on the dwarf the two handed weapon is cool great idea.

torn:

its looking good so far the only thing id think about is trying to fit a guy ranking up behind him.

just curious why dont you try sculpting a mask? you seem to be proficient enough in green stuff to do the arms and the beards, if you do it in steps im sure it will look better in the end.

p.s. you might need to clean the blood off because if it has alcohol in it it might stop the paint adhering properly lol :stuck_out_tongue:

bandnerd1892:

The main problem I see is the positioning of the arms/hands. Here’s an idea: Put your hands above your head like you have a large axe in your hands. Your hands should only be a bit above your head. They should be about even with your forehead and about a hands length up. The arms should go out from the front of the body at about 45 degree angles and then the FOREARM should angle back with the hands. Heres what I mean:

I think that if you were to adjust this it would add a lot more to this model. Can’t wait to see it done!

nerd :stuck_out_tongue:

Wrath:

Ok so i had a go at doing the mask myself, please tell me what you think and any ideas you think will improve it :). (the arms weren’t clued on so just took them off so i did’t have to work around them)

Edit: when i put the arms back on they will take into acount what you said nerd so thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

bandnerd1892:

Looks good! Can’t wait to see the finished product!

nerd :stuck_out_tongue:

Willmark:

Looks great can’t wait to see this guy finished.

As far as the blood… Bah your not a real man until you nearly slice off your fingers 27 times… Not that I have any personal experience with that or anything… :slight_smile:

Wrath:

I managed to drop him on the floor and when picking him up i squished the green stuff so had to do it again :mad . I went for a different design this time, just for the hell of it.

as allways comments and ideas are welcome and infact wanted.

Kera foehunter:

nice mask. did you cut your self again or is that you same blood??

Hashut’s Blessing:

Note to Wrath: Don’t stab self for sacrifice. Stab pet donkey-slave.

I think taking bandnerd1982’s advice on the positioning will make it perfect and I like both masks, but the first one is particularly good, as I’ve not seen one like it before.

Wrath:

unfortunately progress has ground to a halt due to an unrelated cheese grating acci… i mean a sheep sacrificing accident, but i hope to do some tomorrow so will have some updated shots tomorrow evenin.

Kera foehunter:

So we like to see the update with less blood PLEASE

Hashut’s Blessing:

I seem to have noticed a trend in you and stabbing yourself instead of the following: models, cheese and sheep!

AGPO:

I tend to add the masks last, as it makes them sit better considering the beard. Nice work on this one though, I really like the style