[Archive] Warriors of Chaos FAQ now available

wallacer:

Warriors of Chaos FAQ

two_heads_talking:

Warriors of Chaos FAQ

wallacer
6 pages ... that's alot of FAQ for a new army.. I wonder what happened?

Grimstonefire:

That certainly clears a few things up, though the VP allocation for CD crew seems harsh.

Kera foehunter:

that was a great find wallacer!! thanks very much!! a lot of cool stuff

wallacer:

I am, as always, your humble servant.

And when I say “humble” I mean “great”.

two_heads_talking:

I am, as always, your humble servant.

And when I say "humble" I mean "great".

wallacer
yeah, that doesn't sound so humble to me..  roflcopter11!!!!1one

wallacer:

I thought it was kind of odd that it specifically says that when rolling to hit against a model with the Mark of Nurgle the attacker gets -1 to his WS.  It doesn’t say anything about him having -1 WS when the guy with the MoN takes a swing back at him, however.  So it seems like the MoN just took a bit of a nerf.

Swissdictator:

I find it amusing how they say “stupidity has its limits”. Obviously they haven’t read their history books in a while! :o

As for Hellcannon misfiring causing miscasts. On 5-6 result… well isn’t the max casting value of the ‘free’ spell supposed to be equal to or less then the spell the guy miscast on, so thus no free spells?

I’m glad they clarified the Hellcannon can’t move and shoot, as some Wisconsin folks were thinking it could.

wallacer:

Unfortunately the poor old Hellcannon got a bit of a shafting on the victory points front.

Time of Madness:

Yes the hellcannon took it the worst in my opinion. Seems like an odd ruling…103pts?

Time of Madness

Kera foehunter:

wow i have a humble servant yea!!!

two_heads_talking:

wow i have a humble servant  yea!!!!!!!!!

Kera foehunter
well, you have a servant anyways.. lol

Kera foehunter:

wow your my servant to 2 heads

two_heads_talking:

wow your my servant to 2 heads

Kera foehunter
sure, why not? but I was merely saying that he admittedly isn't a humble one at all..

Revlid:

The ruling on the Necrotic Phylactery is, to be quite frank, insane. From both a RAW and fluff perspective.

Glad the Monstrous Characters thing was cleared up - I hope this’ll be in the main rulebook in 8th Ed, at least! Perhaps alongside the rules for larger-than-normal models in normal-sized units. Yeah, right.

The idea that daemonic models don’t have magic items is a bizzare ass-pull.

The Hellcannon-points ruling is no surprise - that’s how it was in Archaon’s Horde. The move-and-fire ruling, however, is. A pity.

Xander:

I missed this. Whoops.

My favourite ruling is a Chosen Champion equipped with the Favour of the Gods. Allowing that reroll both before the game and with Warshrines is excellent. I might have to convert some Warshrines after all. :slight_smile:

wallacer:

Yeah, a Chosen champion with favour of the Gods is a good option now, although most people I know played it that way anyhow.

Xander:

I certainly wanted to play it that way, but I felt a bit beardy for doing it. Now I won’t have to. :slight_smile:

Ancient History:

Hellcannon can fire without any crew! You got to admit, when we build these things, we do it right.

AGPO:

The hellcannon ruling feels a bit confused to me. either it can work on its own, in which case the loss o the crew is no biggy, or it can’t, in which case it should react like a monster that’s lost its rider/minder