[Archive] Warriors of Chaos FAQ now available

Ancient History:

Agreed. If you don’t require the crew to fire the cannon, just a Leadership Test, then a character joining the cannon could provide the Leadership to keep the verdamnt thing firing (and then move out of the way to let the Hellcannon roll toward the nearest enemy). Of course, by the same logic the general’s Leadership should apply if he’s within 12" of the Hellcannon.

Baggronor:

So, a Daemon Prince doesn’t have magical attacks…?

But he still gets his ass whooped by anti-Daemon effects…?

Riiiight :~ I see stupidity does not, in fact, have its limits. A Lord choice representing an immortal Demi-god champion of the Dark Gods, who has no access to Magic Attacks. Why can’t they just admit it: “We forgot coz we didn’t playtest it and rushed it out for Christmas”.

Hellcannon crew VP ruling sucks, its now much easier to get points off. Worse than that, the ‘bolts of pure chaos’ it fires aren’t magic??! :~

Father of Blades works against shooting??! :o He deflects Bolt Thrower shots back into the face of the crew?!

Some pretty poor rulings here I feel.

AGPO:

So, a Daemon Prince doesn't have magical attacks...?
But he still gets his ass whooped by anti-Daemon effects...?
Riiiight :~ I see stupidity does not, in fact, have its limits. A Lord choice representing an immortal Demi-god champion of the Dark Gods, who has no access to Magic Attacks. Why can't they just admit it: "We forgot coz we didn't playtest it and rushed it out for Christmas".

Hellcannon crew VP ruling sucks, its now much easier to get points off. Worse than that, the 'bolts of pure chaos' it fires aren't magic??! :~

Father of Blades works against shooting??! :o He deflects Bolt Thrower shots back into the face of the crew?!

Some pretty poor rulings here I feel.

Baggronor
Ripping Gw a new one, Baggronor style :cheers

cornixt:

You’d think they’d have sorted out the hellcannon rules in the last few years since it appeared in SoC.

The problem with these things is that they usually try to retrofit a new interpretation to a rule, rather than fixing it with something that makes sense. This makes it an FAQ issue rather than an actual update, and it often raises even more questions than it answers.

two_heads_talking:

interestingly enough, I find it’s the lack of basic rules and reading that ends up making Gw make these FAQ’s… It appears that in general, reading comprehension is abysmal in the US and other countries. What makes sense to you and I doesn’t necessarily make sense to GW and vice versa.

And I will state again, GW does playtest, so the random, GW never playtested this is just juvenile trolling. And everytime someone does it, I will poke my head in and give them a verbal beatdown. You might not like what happened during playtesting and you might thing the playtesting is not up to your standards and you might even thing the playtesting was done by monkeys, but it was playtested…

Swissdictator:

Two Heads: I think it is safe to say GW loves Chaos, and I can understand… it is one of the more unique things in their setting. I can see them intending Chaos to have these… well… chaotic effects/rules. I may not always like it, but I can still see why. I just hope they spread some of the love to our beloved Chaos Dwarfs.

I take some of these rulings with the above grain of salt. GW loves Chaos, and it is willing to make them good. I’ve accepted that and moved on, it’s a bit of a joke with some of the local folks.

speedygogo:

The problem with the hellcannon is charging. It can charge 12 inches but the crew only moves 6. What happens when you pursue or overrun. The machine will soon outrun the crew. It reminds me of the sick 'em boys rule for an ogre hunter. No where does it say you have to stay around for the crew. Then the hellcannon can run amok like an angry dog and create mayhem. It shouldn’t be too hard then to screen three chaos dwarf skirmishers.

snowblizz:

The problem with the hellcannon is charging.  It can charge 12 inches but the crew only moves 6.  What happens when you pursue or overrun.  The machine will soon outrun the crew.  It reminds me of the sick 'em boys rule for an ogre hunter.  No where does it say you have to stay around for the crew.  Then the hellcannon can run amok like an angry dog and create mayhem.  It shouldn't be too hard then to screen three chaos dwarf skirmishers.

speedygogo
That's not a problem at all. The Hellcannon charges 12" and the crew are moved up behind it if they can't reach the enemy, (quite likely).

When you pursue or overrun you move 2d6 per the slowest members of the unit (as you always do...). No issue there either.

speedygogo:

The pursuit nerfs the hellcannon. If somehow you could find a way to lose the crew it would be better than a giant. Who wouldn’t want a large, ravenous, unbreakable terror causing spawn-thing rampaging about.

The daemon prince is still not that bad. Sure he is vulnerable to daemonic effects but he doesn’t have to take instability test and is stubborn and he can fly. Since he is only leadership 8 he doesn’t have to be the general either and gets the eye of the gods table.