[Archive] Warseer down again?

Thorne:

Seams our favorite other site is down again. I checked earlier to see if a few things I had asked have got on warseer topic wise were being discussed but then I found a lot of crap and a big notice saying

503 Service Unavailable

Not that I like that place but I have to just note

Seams thats all I have to say

GodHead:

They are updating.

Did you read the portion of the 503 message relevant to the update status?

"GMT: Upgrade is complete data update is running "

Thorne:

Did you read the portion of the 503 message relevant to the update status?
"GMT: Upgrade is complete data update is running "

GodHead
Didnt come up in any of my pc's browsers

Kera foehunter:

Lol i hardly ever go there, Maybe once or twice

Baggronor:

I made the mistake of going on there looking for VC rumours a few weeks ago. Their VCs thread appeared to contain 2 paragraphs of rumour and 176 pages of utter garbage ranging from premature, groundless speculation and whining to reams and reams of pointless mathshammer set in a vacuum. I can only console myself with the knowledge that the individuals responsible will all one day die.

Thommy H:

Hahaha. I read quite a bit of that thread too. I have such a love/hate relationship with Warseer, because there are some good people on there painting cool armies and just enjoying their hobby, but it’s otherwise such a nexus of everything that’s wrong with the internet. People with one very specific interest having endless divisive and pointless debates. And if you ever try to show anything like irreverence, you get an angry PM off whatever halfwit you just insulted complaining about your “balls to the wall” posting style.

But that could just be me.

Grimstonefire:

I hate to say it Thommy but it might be. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve been on there years and I’ve never had angry words with anyone actually as far as I recall. Hmm, maybe one person actually, but it was a mistranslation.

Admittedly I don’t enter into heavy debates about rules or mathhammer there.

Thommy H:

I can’t go there without having an argument. Seriously. I now don’t log in - I just read threads that interest me. Occasionally I cave because something piques my interest enough to express an opinion (I think I recently posted in some thread about VC background and a rules debate…for some reason) but I then sort of come to my senses and log out again, because I know it absolutely will turn into an argument. I think my persona is just not well-suited to such a large and diverse forum. Statistically, there are too many idiots.

warh:

I only stick around the project logs where the cool guys are :yar

DAGabriel:

I only stick around the project logs where the cool guys are :yar

warh
Me, too. Just love the tales and the project logs, but i try to stay off the discussion threads. Just wrote in for the next Tale of Terrain Builders.

Kera foehunter:

I no longer waist my time there!! there not of enough time just to go to the cool sites on the net…

cornixt:

People on there always seem pretty geared up for an argument. There is a lot of snobbery.

I used to read the rumour threads, but they fill up with so much nonsense that it’s hard to find the actual rumours beyond the first page.

I look at it every few days or so. I’ve probably posted more in the last year than in the previous few years, although that is probably only 10-20 times.

wallacer:

I read it for the rumours, mostly.