[Archive] Warthrone Released in English!

Neil:

Avatars of War have finally released their Warthrone rules in English. Just in time too some might say. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks good. Rules, Army Lists and Army Builder are all available as a free download here-

Warthrone Rules Download Page

Dînadan:

I think I must be going blind, because I can’t see anywhere to download the rules O.o

Dînadan:

I think I must be going blind, because I can't see anywhere to download the rules O.o

Dînadan
Thanks Neil!

Dînadan, it's all there. Follow the link and just scroll down a bit.

Herby
Nope, not there. There's nothing about downloads on either the linked to page or the page when I tap 'Warthrone' (that is just a list of factions that links to the minis). Maybe it's because I'm using my iPad and maybe the page doesn't display properly for tablets/mobile devices?

This is what I get when I follow the link. There's nothing to scroll to, so that's it:

Heavygear:

I think I must be going blind, because I can't see anywhere to download the rules O.o

Dînadan
Scroll Down.

Dînadan:

Sorry man! I must say - user error.  ;-)

Change your browser or something. I don't know. For me it works flawlessly.

When you follow the link you should see this:

The rules itself are a 43 pages pdf file.

Herby
Nope nothing remotely like that, the pic I posted is exactly what I get when I click the link - think it must be defaulting to a simplified mobile page, but unlike every other site that does that doesn't have a 'switch to desktop' option.

Morgrim Blackbeard:

Downloaded them and they look interesting. The Warriors of the Apocalypse army has a dwarf lord as well as warriors and berzerkers…just thinking now about the conversion possibilities for slayers with chaos bits on them :slight_smile:

Dînadan:

I wasn’t going blind - they were missing and it’s been announced on the AoW forum that the mobile site has just been updated with the downloads. Just about to check the rulebook out now :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Once I’m done testing Age of Sigmar, I’ll definitely give these rules (and Kings of War) a go. We’ll have to proxy Chaos Dwarfs for Dwarfs for now though.

Dînadan:

Once I'm done testing Age of Sigmar, I'll definitely give these rules (and Kings of War) a go. We'll have to proxy Chaos Dwarfs for Dwarfs for now though.

AGPO
Actually, there are 'Chaos Dwarfs' in the 'Chaos' list (called Dwarfs of the Apocalypse and Legions of the Apocalypse respectively), so you don't have to use the dwarf list if you don't want to.  Downside is that they don't have access to ranged weapons though :(

From what I can see though, KoW is better for replicating a true Chaos Dwarf theme (they have their own list rather than being part of another/without the need to use vanilla Dwarfs to count as, and can ally in units from the Orc and goblin list)

Neil:

There are also some unofficial lists, they are still in Spanish, but one of them is based on the Kings of War Chaos Dwarfs (can’t remember there official name). There are also ones for Skaven, Vampires and a couple of other WFB lists. JUst have to wait for English translations to appear.

Dînadan:

You know, looking at other rule sets is dangerous - been browsing the rules for this game, and now I’m tempted to buy 2nd ed 40k Gretchin to convert into Goblin Arquebusiers for this game and I haven’t even started on the 100+ 4th ed goblin to hobgoblin conversions I’ve got planned lol