[Archive] We wait for the Golden Hat and paint in the meantime

DAGabriel:

Hi guys, real life intruded on our friends organizing the Golden Hat XVII and we will have to wait for the voting to begin.

In the meantime instead of gnawing our nails and crying in our pillows I thought it more productive to open a thread where we, meaning the guys and gals having made an entry, show what we paint in the meantime.

This will buy HB some time to come to grip with the problems he is encountering in the second and hazily vague alternative reality we call real life.

My first project I hope to finish this weekend is a marauder mage, so stay tuned and show us your goodies.

Skink:

Wow! This is the excuse I needed to start cracking on my Hobgoblin Khan!

Bolg:

Ill be working on my new kadaai an finishing of four new tree trolls/kin… But I actually should just be working on a pile of illustrations an two animations.

vulcanologist:

Flames of war seem to have taken over my painting table…

Zanko:

I finished “Zagor & his Bale Taurus” proxy and my BSB - just need to take pics! :wink:

:hashut

theforgefather:

This is what has been keeping me entertained!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_9571&src_vid=u7NzqPPhCvA&v=ACYHQ6w5wJ8&feature=iv

Zombie videogame walkthroughs!!

And minecraft mountains!!

Technically not painting…But…oh well…

Bassman:

OK, I’m painting right now. I’ll post pictures as soon as I will be done.

Zanko, Vulcanologist, Bolg, Skink nice to meet you here in the addicted-to-Golden-Hat rehab club :slight_smile:

Skink:

…Actually why don’t we make this more serious??? Let’s make a “Waiting for GH” competition!!!

Right, we need a deadline. I’d say one week from now? Anyone can enter anything as long as it is Chaos Dwarf related. Than we can start a voting thread! What do ya think?

theforgefather:

Cool!

Must…Start…Painting…uuurrggghh

I’m in!

Bolg:

Right, we need a deadline. I'd say one week from now? Anyone can enter anything as long as it is Chaos Dwarf related. Than we can start a voting thread! What do ya think?

Skink
I'm game!

DAGabriel:

Don`t know how to do that voting business, but I am in, too!

Let us take sunday 15th, 23:59 EST (to use the same time zone as GH) so that we can use 2 weekends (and I have to work 14th to 15th so that I would have to be ready on a friday the 13th. Bad luck included).

Bassman:

Right, we need a deadline. I'd say one week from now? Anyone can enter anything as long as it is Chaos Dwarf related. Than we can start a voting thread! What do ya think?

Skink
I'm game!

Bolg
I am not painting Chaos Dwarf stuff! :(
I have another project on the go!
Pleeze can I join with my Dark Elves?
:cheers

theforgefather:

you could always just enter some other stuff you have already painted?

DAGabriel:

Think it is about stuff we do while we wait and not exclusive about CDs, ok?

bas_2312:

I love deadlines. Let’s go!

Bassman:

theforgefather
Yes, but where is the point of it (and the fun ;) )? The idea is to paint something while we are waiting the Golden Hat.

DAGabriel: if so ok. I can enter with my Dark Elves :cheers

Skink:

Ok, so let’s extend this to the 15th and anyone can enter anything, even if it is NOT Chaos Dwarf related!!!

Post your pics here and I’ll open a thread on the off topic showcase for the voting!!!

Let’s get cracking on those brushes now guyz!

DAGabriel:

In which case we should beg one of the mods to shuffle the whole thread to “Off topic”.

theforgefather:

theforgefather
Yes, but where is the point of it (and the fun ;) )? The idea is to paint something while we are waiting the Golden Hat.

Bassman
Sorry, I'm just so tired right now and i'm just putting any old rubbish down (stupid "cute" dog nextdoor, yapping away from 12 till 4 in the morning... :mad )

Bassman:

theforgefather

Bassman
Sorry, I'm just so tired right now and i'm just putting any old rubbish down (stupid "cute" dog nextdoor, yapping away from 12 till 4 in the morning... :mad )

theforgefather
Ouch!

I think by tomorrow I'll have the first pictures ;-)

Or maybe it's better to pile up the minis we have painted in this period of time until the 15th?

By the way: that's means no Golden Hat voting thread up to the 15th of July? :(