[Archive] weight issues

Hashut’s Blessing:

1. drink only water
2. only eat what youve cooked yourself (cut down on sugar and fat) - it makes eating an exercise by itself- and no prepared food
3. positively no food after 6 pm (or at least 4 hours before you go to sleep)
4. walk everywhere
5. start smoking!

rabotak
1) I DO only drink water. Always been the case.
2) I do that as well.
3) This isn't a plausibility when I go to sleep at 2 (counting it as early), but I've heard of a 3 hour rule before, which I take into account indefintely.
4) That's the case for me.
5) It's going to do me more harm than good, whether I lose weight from it or not. Other people's smoke sets of asthma (which is another reason I can;t do TOO much excercise) and we all know the health and financial risk.

However, I'm yet to try this 5 meals a day thing. I now have less lectures, so it may be a possibility. I'll see how it goes. (As for the girlfriend thing, that's what Summer's for. 230 miles makes it slightly difficult...)

Sojourn:

you always have this option courtesy of Penny Arcade:

Grish:

I think the big key is getting your metabolism up. Protein is good for this, and eating small meals a day. Obviously exercise. As long as you’re getting some exercise and eating right it should take care of itself. Find out how many calories a day you should need, and get an idea of how much food that is. Then start small with exercises, walking, shooting hoops, doing arm curls or biking while watching TV. Once you get your metabolism up, your body will lose weight in your sleep.