[Archive] Weirdest Game Ever

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I might have won the record.  I just finished a game against a Vampire player who brought 4 ‘level 1’ wizads.  Turn 1 - my Sorcerer-Prophet miscasts but is fine.  Then my Hellcannon misfires and all wizards on the table miscast.  The vampire received two “every wizard on your side of the table takes a ST6 hit”.  My Sorcerer-Prophet is fine.  
Turn 2 - my Hellcannon misifres and again causes every wizard on the table to suffer a miscast.  The Vampire again receives two “every wizard on your side of the table takes a ST6 hit”.  My Sorcerer-Prophet (of course) is fine but my opponent loses two of his necromancers.
Turn 4 - my Hellcannon misifres and again causes every wizard on the table to suffer a miscast.  The Vampire again receives two “every wizard on your side of the table takes a ST6 hit”.  My Sorcerer-Prophet is fine (of course!) but my opponent loses another necromancer and his Vampire Lord is down to a single wound.
Turn 5 - my Hellcannon misfires…again.  Every wizard on the table suffers a miscast.  Dammit!  My Sorcerer-Prophet takes a ST10 hit which his handy Charmed Shield eats for him but he fails a Toughness test and become T6.  The Vampire Lord takes a ST10 hit and rolls a ‘1’ to wound himself (or he would have died).

Thirteeen miscasts later and I’m glad that game is over!

Grimbold Blackhammer

RichardC1967:

I might have won the record.  I just finished a game against a Vampire player who brought 4 'level 1' wizads.  Turn 1 - my Sorcerer-Prophet miscasts but is fine.  Then my Hellcannon misfires and all wizards on the table miscast.  The vampire received two "every wizard on your side of the table takes a ST6 hit".  My Sorcerer-Prophet is fine.  
Turn 2 - my Hellcannon misifres and again causes every wizard on the table to suffer a miscast.  The Vampire again receives two "every wizard on your side of the table takes a ST6 hit".  My Sorcerer-Prophet (of course) is fine but my opponent loses two of his necromancers.
Turn 4 - my Hellcannon misifres and again causes every wizard on the table to suffer a miscast.  The Vampire again receives two "every wizard on your side of the table takes a ST6 hit".  My Sorcerer-Prophet is fine (of course!) but my opponent loses another necromancer and his Vampire Lord is down to a single wound.
Turn 5 - my Hellcannon misfires...again.  Every wizard on the table suffers a miscast.  Dammit!  My Sorcerer-Prophet takes a ST10 hit which his handy Charmed Shield eats for him but he fails a Toughness test and become T6.  The Vampire Lord takes a ST10 hit and rolls a '1' to wound himself (or he would have died).

Thirteeen miscasts later and I'm glad that game is over!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Grimbold Blackhammer
well that's one way to kill off all of his wizards..did you not take a demonsmith to re-roll mis-fires? Your Sorcerer Prophet also has the infernal engineer ability..

rpitts2004:

Yeah but a hellcannon is more useful on a flank and not jut shooting so a waste to have a smith baby sit it…

This is freaking hilarious

RichardC1967:

Yeah but a hellcannon is more useful on a flank and not jut shooting so a waste to have a smith baby sit it...

This is freaking hilarious

rpitts2004
I played a 3000 pt threeway battle once vs Ogre Kingdom and Skaven with my WOC army and had two Hellcannons in the middle of my army deployment, and they dominated the shooting phase everytime with absolutely no mis-fires and about 80% hits rolled on the scatter dice(this was before I had a CD army and knew about demonsmiths)just lucky die rolls for me I guess.Needless to say my cannons where the only survivors of the game..and they never rampaged.

Tom The Cruel:

I rate the hellcannon even when it misfires.

They are only bad things that happen but more often than not too your oponent

The lurch forward thing is great. I’ve had that block next turns charges from the enemy a few times

In short I only babysit the other warmachine and leave the hellcannons too it.

Can be risky but is always fun

TTC

:hat

Bolg:

Brilliant! thanx for sharing (:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I did have my Sorcerer-Prophet looking after it.  Let’s see…

Turn 1 - Magma Cannon misfires.  The Sorcerer-Prophet engineer shows them what they are doing wrong and I reroll - another misfire.  I roll a ‘1’ and I pick up the Magma Cannon.  That was immediately followed by the first misfire from the Hellcannon.

Turn 2 - Hellcannon misfires.  The Sorcerer-Prophet calls the crew all fools and demands they shoot again.  Misfire.

Turn 3 - Hellcannon is charged by Hexwraiths.  The Sorcerer-Prophet wanders over and uses his mighty ST3 breath weapon on the wraiths (magic weapon = magic attacks btw!) killing them all.

Turn 4 - Sorcerer-Prophet stands proudly next to his Hellcannon only to roll another two misfires…

Turns 5 & 6 - Sorcerer-Prophet runs towards the big combat in the middle to give the Hobbos a leadership boost while the Hellcannon smashed Ghouls into the ground.

I won by 75 points.  My General had 1 wounds left.  My Iron Deamon had one wound left.  My Infernal Guard had one model left.  My Hellcannon had two wounds left.  And my hobbos were fleeing.  If there was even a single turn more, I might have been tabled!  Just a weird, bad game with more misfires and more miscasts than I’ve ever seen.

Grimbold Blackhammer

NoisyAssassin:

I think you might just have cursed dice.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

For what it’s worth my Flames of Azgorth hit twice =)

Grimbold Blackhammer

brotsorrow:

im sorry but i was laughing at this. This is an epic b. report :slight_smile: Were you guys both laughing by about turn 3?

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I was laughing but my opponent was getting a little upset because all his Wizards were dying. The weird thing was I tried switching out my dice, I used my opponent’s dice…nothing changed.

Taurian:

The weird thing was I tried switching out my dice, I used my opponent's dice...nothing changed.
That just proves that he must have been desperate--you should never let another man touch your dice.  Otherwise, they might contaminate them with cursed fingers, which you might have done.

I suggest a ritual dice cleansing.  If this does not work, you may need to sacrifice a chicken; either that, or get new dice.