[Archive] West Coast GT 2013 pic CD vs CD

Da Crusha:

I wasn't able to attend this tournament but the chaos dwarf army on the left looks pretty familiar or at least the paint style on the bases, I think I have seen it here at cdo before. Any body else recognize it? also notice it's chaos dwarfs vs chaos dwarfs!

Da Crusha:

no love for the chaos dwarfs though, both got worst comp,… I just keep thinking of the screaming banshee list and other cheese.

http://warhammergt.wix.com/event#!results/c1bjr

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Money is tight for an anticipated move coming up or I would have attended the GT =( I know that both of those armies are from guys who live up in Los Angeles and one of them is a poster here (not sure about the second one). I’m sure he’ll speak up. Both Chaos Dwarf players got beat down pretty severely though. I know a lot of the folks who attended and it is fair to say they had some stiff competition. Everyone seemed to have a LOT of WHFB experience!

Da Crusha:

Money is tight for an anticipated move coming up or I would have attended the GT =(  I know that both of those armies are from guys who live up in Los Angeles and one of them is a poster here (not sure about the second one).  I'm sure he'll speak up.  Both Chaos Dwarf players got beat down pretty severely though.  I know a lot of the folks who attended and it is fair to say they had some stiff competition.  Everyone seemed to have a LOT of WHFB experience!

Grimbold Blackhammer
yeah they sure do. I know a lot of them from Tournaments in my area, particularly the Leadership 2 guys. If I had more cash I probably would've gone, maybe next year.

here's some more pics
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.218682671608120.1073741825.135366773273044&type=1

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Nice pics! Wow, I know someone in almost every photo. So many awesome players down here in So Cal!

Blackspine:

Wooo! That’s me with the better lookin K’daai! (hey, i gotta love mine)

Real quick, the other Player is Scott. He’s a REALLY nice guy who makes super nasty lists. I’ve played him twice, so I know it’s an artillery barrage. In RA lists, he had 10 warmachines v my beastmen (got a draw then)

His bull centaurs are VERY well painted.

Re: comp.

I thought my list was on the softer side, but the chalice has been FAQ’d and lets one be a d*ck about it. Roll for casting, then roll for chalice before dispell attempts. I always resolved the current spell.
The TO’s were amazing and told me it was the chalice that comped 1 point lower. My comp was a 1.5 and his was a 1.
I went 4-1, with nearly every battle point, but comp sunk me into the gutter. A decent paint score and good sports couldn’t save that.

I’ll be writing up more about this later if you want to see it on my blog.

fyi: I moved my K’daai to block his from charging my IG. He then solo charged his BSB with Mask of Furnace at him…not realizing that thunderstomps are NOT flaming.  (though the bsb did do a few wounds!)

I’ll post better pics soon, this was the legion’s first GT, I had fun.

Blackspine:

and yeah… It’s upsetting getting comped as low as the dude with 6 screams in his list. Oh well.

One guy comped me a 0.

his Chaos Knights has the FLAMING banner and charged my k’daai.

I told him to shoot the Hellcannon at it (now has magic attacks) and cast spells. But he didn’t want to, just run a flaming unit into something i said that had a 2+ ward v flaming.

Then spent 20 minutes telling me my list was broken beyond comprehension.

Da Crusha:

I think your guy’s comp scores were atrocious. people really fear the LoA list but I feel like sometimes it’s not really that mean when your army could nearly fit in a shoe box.

that WoC guy does a dumb move and we get the bad rap, that sucks.

any chance for a battle report and army list?

Blackspine:

Army list is on my blog.

Battle reports when i get back in town

Da Crusha:

Army list is on my blog.
Battle reports when i get back in town

Blackspine
cool!

gIL^:

One guy comped me a 0.
his Chaos Knights has the FLAMING banner and charged my k'daai.

I told him to shoot the Hellcannon at it (now has magic attacks) and cast spells. But he didn't want to, just run a flaming unit into something i said that had a 2+ ward v flaming.

Blackspine
What a dick.

Jossy:

and yeah... It's upsetting getting comped as low as the dude with 6 screams in his list. Oh well.

One guy comped me a 0.
his Chaos Knights has the FLAMING banner and charged my k'daai.

I told him to shoot the Hellcannon at it (now has magic attacks) and cast spells. But he didn't want to, just run a flaming unit into something i said that had a 2+ ward v flaming.

Blackspine
Just one of the reasons why subjective comp has no place in this game

Vogon:

I look forward to the battle report. You’ve got a great looking army and I think that scoring you badly for Comp is a pretty poor trick and shows bad sportsmanship from your opponents.

I’ve never taken part in a tournament but would love to some day.

Cheers

Vogon

lukealexandermorton:

Thunderstomp not flaming ? Please explain why they are not ? Does this also mean demi do not have armour piercing stomps ?

furrie:

Thunderstomp not flaming ? Please explain why they are not ? Does this also mean demi do not have armour piercing stomps ?

lukealexandermorton
Stomp doesn't benefit from any special rules the model have, unless stated otherwise. So no a demi's stomp doesn't have piercing. I believe its in the stomp rules.

*note*
I could have remembered it wrong, but I don't have the rulebook.

Vogon:

It’s in the latest FAQ

Q: Do Stomp or Thunderstomp hits benefit from any other special

rules, equipment or magic items of the model that inflicts the hits?

(p76)

A: No.
Cheers

Vogon

lukealexandermorton:

Lol only model that benefits that rule is the kaadi and tourus. Even more bent than it already is owwww I do love my chaos dwarfs :slight_smile:

brotsorrow:

This is saddening. I could understand bad comp for taking a cheese army with all gunline, or all artillery, slayer army… but bad comp because you are just using your army… Horrible.

I feel bad for the person that gave a 0 - he’s going to have a tough life being a b— plug

Spartacus:

Hey everyone! I’m the one one the left, Blackspine the one on the right. Good to see the pics made it here. It was an awesome game, fought over a Dwarf Brewhouse, and a lot of drinking to stay in character.

At the end of the game, we both killed each other’s K’daii Destroyers. A High Elf player came up to the table late in the game, and was impressed that neither of us took the Destroyer, then was shocked that we both managed to kill it. The destroyer gets even more hate than it deserves (and it does deserve some) due to the fact that so many people aren’t prepared for its obvious weakness. The same probably applies to Chaos Dwarfs in general.

It was an awesome tournament all around. Every person I played against was excited about the idea of playing against the CDs.

Baggronor:

I find it hard to believe how people still think LoA is high power level. I can accept that the Destroyer might faceroll your army the first time you face it, but once you know it has frenzy, flaming attacks and that massive, massive base you only have yourself to blame if you can’t deal with it.

The army has good stuff in it but it all has counters, you just need to learn them instead of crying cheese, same as any book.

Depressing to see the situation is just as bad abroad as here in the UK.

And comp should never be put in the hands of the players. There are so many absurd untruths out there like the notion that WEs and Brets are horribly weak, so many just don’t seem to have a clue.