[Archive] Wet Palette?

GRNDL:

It is very, very clean. I’d trash that worktable in a second. I don’t think its possible for me to work in a clean area. I just naturally mess it up. :frowning:

G.2:

It is very, very clean.  I'd trash that worktable in a second. I don't think its possible for me to work in a clean area. I just naturally mess it up. :(

GRNDL
From the look of your painted figs, then being messy, works quite well for you. Maybe I should try to mess up my table a bit, and hopefully that will help improve my painting too. :)
I should take another photo of my painting table, it has evolved some more since those photos were taken, the biggest difference is the use of Vallejo paints. The Derivan paint has been relegated to bases and terrain peices.

G.2:

I am going to resurrect this old thread, because I am curious, who else uses a wet pallette? If possible I want to see photos.

As this is Blue’s old thread. I want to know does HE now use a wet palette, and if so what sort.

Just for the record. I still use mine, and I wouldn’t paint without it.

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Oh yeah…still using mine all the time.  I have upgraded to a larger container…about 8 inches square…It was a carryout food container so it has tight fitting lid.  I have also shifted to just using a couple of wet paper towels under my Parchment paper.  These seem to hold onto water as long as the sponge did and when it starts to get funky I just pitch them and get more…something I wasn’t willing to do with my sponge.

I’ll try try to get some pictures for you…but its a basic set up that works well.

Cheers,

Blue

<----HEY look!!! I have a medal!!! first time I noticed that…too cool!

grimsnikk:

I use the parchment paper over paper towel as well. Putting the whole thing in a flat seal-able box is really handy. You can pick up cheap sandwich boxes, or use small deli meat containers you’d throw out anyway.

Wet Palettes are super handy, but buying a hobby store kit for one is unfortunately a bit of a rip off.