[Archive] WF Color Scheme

Thorgar:

Hey folks, im just looking for advice on how to paint my FW Chaos Dwarfs very close to the way the warhammer forge staff did their Dreadquake Mortar…seen below:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/CHAOS_DWARFS/CHAOS-DWARF-DREADQUAKE-MORTAR.html

To me it looks like either scab red or dark flesh is used for the red parts, the red parts are what really puzzles me. I did a test model using scab red and it didnt quite look right.

boltgun metal+devlan mud+black wash, chainmail highlights for the metal would be my guess. Maybe vermin brown instead of the mud wash.

What do you guys think?

Thorgar:

Hey folks, im just looking for advice on how to paint my FW Chaos Dwarfs very close to the way the warhammer forge staff did their Dreadquake Mortar…seen below:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/CHAOS_DWARFS/CHAOS-DWARF-DREADQUAKE-MORTAR.html

To me it looks like either scab red or dark flesh is used for the red parts, the red parts are what really puzzles me. I did a test model using scab red and it didnt quite look right.

boltgun metal+devlan mud+black wash, chainmail highlights for the metal would be my guess. Maybe vermin brown instead of the mud wash.

What do you guys think?

warh:

I would say that’s brown and not red.

I think a white primer would be good for the crew and grey or black for the machine. Try dark flesh highlighted with dark flesh/fortress grey 60/40, a line highlight of fortress grey and you should be good.

The metal recipe you mentioned should work fine.

Thorgar:

I would say that's brown and not red.
I think a white primer would be good for the crew and grey or black for the machine. Try dark flesh highlighted with dark flesh/fortress grey 60/40, a line highlight of fortress grey and you should be good.

The metal recipe you mentioned should work fine.

warh
I tried using dark flesh on this test model:

It looks alot better than scab red, no highlights yet in these pics. But im still experimenting with it.

warh:

Ahh, I thought you ment the coulor of the hats :stuck_out_tongue:

For the floor I think they used a pigment wash of some dark brown over the metal, but a heavy dark flesh wash should work as well.