[Archive] WFB sports?

AGPO:

A friend and I had a Bloodbowl-inspired discussion the other night: Is it possible to create rules for a fantasy mini game for sports other than American football?

Under discussion were Rugby Union, Rugby league, Gaelic Football and Hurling. For me, league is the best suited but I’d love to develop some union rules. What do you guys think - is it possible?

cornixt:

There are quite a few variations on Blood Bowl for games like that, although mostly based on the 3rd ed rules. They might give you some ideas. Not sure it is worth having different rules for union and league rugby, there isn’t enough difference.

Hammerhand:

Not sure it is worth having different rules for union and league rugby, there isn't enough difference.

cornixt
!!!!!
A friend and I had a Bloodbowl-inspired discussion the other night: Is it possible to create rules for a fantasy mini game for sports other than American football?

AGPO
Dodgeball? using S to work out speed of throw, BS for accuracy and and i for dodge reaction?

Cricket? actually no.

Lacrosse could work.

Ghrask Dragh:

I love the idea of warhammer dodgeball! :hat off

they could use baby squigs, imagine that, baby squigs being hurtled about the place spit and teeth flying around the court!!!

and then for one round only a game you could introduce a bomb, which could blow up at any time during the round!

Someone write the rules for this game, please!!

Hammerhand:

I love the idea of warhammer dodgeball! :hat off
they could use baby squigs, imagine that, baby squigs being hurtled about the place spit and teeth flying around the court!!!
and then for one round only a game you could introduce a bomb, which could blow up at any time during the round!
Someone write the rules for this game, please!!

Ghrask Dragh
Goblin/dwarf teams get a -1 to hit bonus as they are small and hard to hit!

U/Dead suffer +1 to hit, because they are dead and don't move very fast!

Elves re-roll dodge roll, as they are more agile with better reactions

Chaos less prone to injury due to armour, but also roll 2 dice and pick the highest on the dodge roll because it's hard to move about in said armour

We could call it Murderball as it's more warhammer-y

Give me a week or so, I'll have some rules done!

(should this have a new thread or just hi-jack this one?)

Ghrask Dragh:

Murderball!! perfect, I think this deserves a thread of it’s own!

wallacer:

torn:

squig ball! they could make that into a tabletop sporting based game im sure.

AGPO:

Not sure it is worth having different rules for union and league rugby, there isn't enough difference.

cornixt
Please tell me that's a joke! There may well be a competition between Wales, the Northof England and the WWest Country to see who gets to linch anyone who says that! Seriously, you don't wanna say that to loudly

Khaosbeardling:

Murderball! Freaking sweet! I think you messed up the chaos rules though. Why would you pick the highest of the two rolls? That would be an advantage.

AGPO:

Murderball deserves its own thread! Obviously there would have to be cheating involved somewhere…

cornixt:

cornixt
Please tell me that's a joke! There may well be a competition between Wales, the Northof England and the WWest Country to see who gets to linch anyone who says that! Seriously, you don't wanna say that to loudly

AGPO
I was thinking on a Blood Bowl scale for some reason :o
On a warhammer battlefield size you could easily have the differences. I hoped that few people would notice...

gIL^:

bomb tennis?, chariot racing and gladiatorial scenes

AGPO:

League is probablly better suited to a board game

WarplockMonkey:

I would quite like to see warhammer wresling

You could slowly build up your character, he/she get experiance points for matches they win, better skills etc.

But in the warhammer world its real!

hal:

I like the idea of hurling, seeing Cuchulain running about, but obviously there’s some bias here.

I would also like to see wrestling but it seems like team sports would work better imo.

AGPO:

I’m with you there Hal, plus the modeling oppertunites would be fantastic

wallacer:

At least rugby league encourages people to learn how to count to 6, which is more than union can say.

Cricket… now there’s a game that gets people to learn to count.

How about hand grenade cricket?

cornixt:

If you want counting then you’d go with darts. Ogres throwing pointed headed gobbos?

gIL^:

warhammer world federation - wwf?

it would have to be renamed to keep the pandas happy