[Archive] What are the "Infernal Dwarfs" plastic set?

thrawn:

@ Aman,

i bought the castellan from this ebay seller not knowing any better.

these are a plastic/resin type material. as a result, the detail is just as good, but it is also very brittle. lots of detail easily “falls off” as it is not as strong as the resin FW uses.

i have to say had i known this i would never have bought it. never mind it’s a blantant copy, the quality is not as good. also, how are you saying the price is better?!?!?! if buy the arms, the heads and weapons, your paying FW prices and getting half the quality. NOT A GOOD BUUY!!!

infact i’m going to start thread about this blantant copywright infringement. if anyone wants to send this to FW i recommend it.

maded12:

For this price I might actually consider buying them…

Vogon:

They also appear to have poor definition on the shoulder pads compared to the Warhammer Forge originals. They look suspicious to me.

I note with interest that the list of excluded countries includes the UK most of “western” europe and Hong Kong its self, i.e. those countries which would probably be buying from WF directly.

Cheers

Vogon

Zuh-Khinie:

Yeah, I think the fact that these are illegal recasts is a bit more annoying though...

Thommy H
So, notify GW and have this shut down?

snowblizz
I've talked it over with my GW-staffer, and all he could say is that GW is aware of the situation... only problem is that it's very hard to get something done like this in China, because what gets made in China, is property of China.

theforgefather:

aarrrggghhh!!!

I hate it when people put any random GW related names in the title!

IT’S NOT 40K!!!

Thommy H:

Yeah, I think the fact that these are illegal recasts is a bit more annoying though…

snowblizz:

Yeah, I think the fact that these are illegal recasts is a bit more annoying though...

Thommy H
So, notify GW and have this shut down?

DAGabriel:

Hope you don`t mind, have done this two hours ago!

Not that I am a fan of their politics but this seems only wrong.

Aman:

Righti-o, everyone legit suffers when knock-offs are on the market. If FW doesn’t sell theirs b/c of knock-offs, then there’s less they’ll be willing to do in the future.

So good call.

Aman:

They are the 'new' chaos dwarfs from FW. See on http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/CHAOS_DWARFS

I got the feeling these are recasts as they look more plastic then the usual resin colour Forgeworld uses. But that could be the picture.

Eddandme
I'm glad that FW is following thru on more CD stuff, and with the book - it's a nice "in your face" to all the CD naysayers over the years. Hmmmm, almost makes me not want to sell off my remaining stuff! But 8th seems to have killed WHF among my regular crowds, and Flames of War is growing rapidly with V.3, so my Panzers are everyone else's gain, I think!