[Archive] What are the pictures on the new res counter?

Ronshank:

This is realated to my eairlier comment that I couldn’t find the instructions. (yes I know it was on the back of the cardboard insert now but that got thrown out long ago, and just for the record my local GW threw them out too, I mean how many people look on the inside of a folded cardboard label, it usally doesn’t have any colouring on that side let alone writing…anywho)

so on mine I have the standard skull (I’m guessing deaths)

a whole lot of people with a banner (banner bonus?)

a banner with a crown on it (absolutley no idea)

two lines of men (rank bonus?)

men pushing other men away (high ground???)

a whole lot of men with spears sticking out (possibly charge?)

Am I totally on the wrong track here? right on a few? woefully wrong on all counts? Mixed them up?

I’ve bought this thing and I still haven’t used it because I don’t know how it works. Please help. The pictures aren’t as helpful as GW thought they would be for me.

Plus I’m sure there would be a heap of people who would love to know the correct answers themslves my GW store for one. Please help. Best answer gets 4 slaves!

Thommy H:

Skull = wounds

Banner = standard

Banner with Crown = battle standard

Two ranks of troops = rank bonus

Troops pushing others out of the way = charging

Guys with spears = flank/rear attack (look at how some of them are facing)

This is just an educated guess based on looking at pictures of the thing on the GW website, by the way.

slev:

Thommy H has it right.

It is just a graphical summary, you can always just ignore it and use the pegs as a counting aid.

felix:

This is realated to my eairlier comment that I couldn't find the instructions. (yes I know it was on the back of the cardboard insert now but that got thrown out long ago, and just for the record my local GW threw them out too, I mean how many people look on the inside of a folded cardboard label, it usally doesn't have any colouring on that side let alone writing...anywho)

so on mine I have the standard skull (I'm guessing deaths)
a whole lot of people with a banner (banner bonus?)
a banner with a crown on it (absolutley no idea)
two lines of men (rank bonus?)
men pushing other men away (high ground????)
a whole lot of men with spears sticking out (possibly charge?)

Am I totally on the wrong track here? right on a few? woefully wrong on all counts? Mixed them up?
I've bought this thing and I still haven't used it because I don't know how it works. Please help. The pictures aren't as helpful as GW thought they would be for me.
Plus I'm sure there would be a heap of people who would love to know the correct answers themslves my GW store for one. Please help. Best answer gets 4 slaves!

Ronshank
I bought it. The instructions are inside of the top folded cardboard, so open the plastic very carefully.

From left to right starting with the skull:

Wounds Inflicted
Standard
Battle standard
Extra Ranks
Rear/Flank Attack
Charge/High Ground

Glad to help :hat off