[Archive] What are you doing for fun this x-mas?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I made this little ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic2bsvk2j-8

Enjoy!

(If you want, you guys can move this into my usual spot.)

Grimstonefire:

Not a whole lot at the moment. :(  I’ve got a minor tear in my calf that is painful if I walk.  Which is obviously limiting me a fair bit.

That is a good video. Well made.

nitroglysarine:

…but a great excuse for miniature work!!!

My plans are simply, Family, Pressies and cooking the yule dinner.

Poor deer, it never stood a chance. Nom, nom, nom…

Meat is Murder, tasty tasty murder!

Grimstonefire:

You eat a deer for christmas?

AGPO:

I am going to be eating more or less solidly from now until New Year’s, when I’m running a flair cocktail bar for some mates’ party.

nitroglysarine:

You eat a deer for christmas?

Grimstonefire
Well last year we had a nice lump of venison (deer) it was stunning.
And we ate it simply because we hadn't tried it before.

I do declare it is tasty! But rather expensive

/bad joke time

Venison's dear isn't it?

/sorry!

AGPO:

Venison is absolutely delicious! There’s an odd rule in the UK that if you hit a deer with your car, you’re not allowed to take it and cook it, but a car following you is.

cornixt:

That is so that you don’t put your foot down when you see one in the road. Most cars get totalled if they hit an average deer though!

nitroglysarine:

Venison is absolutely delicious! There's an odd rule in the UK that if you hit a deer with your car, you're not allowed to take it and cook it, but a car following you is.

AGPO
That is true of all road kill in the uk, hit an animal, you HAVE to leave it, the next person along is allowed to claim it for lunch.

Redhammer:

All of a sudden reminding me of this little gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSiMsO7DqjA&sns=fb

nitroglysarine:

driver in second place is eating tonight!

Borador:

I’ll be at my dad’s this christmas (parents got divorced years ago, so yeah x’D) probably spending one day with my family at my grandparents, spending the rest of the time fixing my 1964 guitar (Egmond Typhoon, 3 pickups ((and it’s the rare edition with the aluminum (?) strip around the body haha)) for those of you who want to know ;P)

And i might have some time left for a miniature or 2!

EDIT: isn’t it a beauty? <3

Tarrakk Blackhand:

If you hit a deer, can you just circle the block and claim it?:smiley:

Borador:

If you hit a deer, can you just circle the block and claim it?:D

Tarrakk Blackhand
lol, that one is going in my signature if you dont mind x'D GENIUS hahaha

furrie:

I’m not going to do anything special during x-mas. See my grandparents and thats it.

Ogrob:

Going home to my parents who live quite far away from me.

Will be GMing some Iron Kingdoms RPG for some of my old friends up there.

Redhammer:

I’m going to be spending my last chistmas apart from my fiancée, actually. My brother might be coming down to visit though, and we may squeeze in a game of warhammer. (at least, I still hold to te hope that he will!)

snowblizz:

Interesting. I’ve always been told you really don’t want to be eating road-kill, not really edible. And I’m not talking badgers here, but the more substantial ones, deer and especially elk is a problem here. If you hit an elk, YOU end up being the road-kill. You’d almost think it was built to nail the driver… scrawny legs that holds several hundred of kilos at perfect height to have it ram through you windscreen. So yeah I guess it might be difficult to separate the parts that are human from the venison.:o

Then again game here is government property. And I do recall there having been Police auctions of elk that I think might be “road kill”. So dunno. But trust me, you do not want to be the second car coming to an elk/car collision. Well, it is preferable to being the FIRST car to the elk/car collision, but still.

Smoked deer is pretty darned awesome though if one can get it, a bit dear though.:stuck_out_tongue: Not really “in season” here so unless you’re a hunter with a fridge there’s probably not any around.

cornixt:

By “elk” I am assuming you are referring to what Americans call a moose (an elk is a type of deer in the US, just to confuse everyone).

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Cornix - At times like this, I’m glad I’m Canadian. We understand BOTH the English and American terms for things…like Metric AND Imperial measures, and we understand that a “Hood” and a “Bonnet” are the same things…Spanner and Wrench…Bobby and Police Man…etc.

But here’s one for you…What’s a “Muckluck”?