[Archive] What are you trying to pull, GW?

Joshmohr:

The new seekers of Slaanesh appear to be $24.75 USD for five of them… I expected them to be around $40 USD for five. Whats up? I think that these are some of the coolest daemon’s they’ve released in a whial- But im officially suspicious as to why they’re only 24.75…

Anyway, what do you think? Why are these great models only $24.75?

I’ll pick these guys up to use as Warp-Beast’s for my Dark Eldar.

Thommy H:

Are you complaining because they’re too cheap?

I have now, officially, seen everything.

Joshmohr:

No, im wondering why they’re so cheap.

Shakhorth:

They are in line with what plastic cav costs from Gw. Seeker are daemon cav, so the price is the same as the cold one knights, boar riders & chaos knights.

Joshmohr:

Yeah, i suppose so. Just unusual for them to be this cheap, for new models.

snowblizz:

Yeah, i suppose so. Just unusual for them to be this cheap, for new models.

Joshmohr
All part of the masterplan. 8th ed requires infantry. Cavalry is a luxury. Who'd buy seekers at 40$ a box when you need to buy all those 25$(???) 10 man infantry boxes?

As mentioned all new cav boxes have been this "cheap". They make a killing on the infantry though.

Joshmohr:

Snow, thanks- Your explanation makes quite a lot of sense! I think these are my favorite new daemon models- They will make a unique edition to my Dark Eldar.

Thommy H:

This is ridiculous.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimstonefire:

Chaos Knights were nice and cheap as well, I think all (non monstrous) cav will be priced about the same now.

They should put them out at a slight discount though, for the inconvinience of having to bend all the riders legs. :wink:

Swissdictator:

Maybe because they only need 2-3 sprues, while infantry might require several more? I seem to remember 3-4 for cold one knights.

Where as my old infantry boxes have 8+ sprues, plus shield sprues.

Perhaps because it just cheaper?

ClawLeader:

I doubt the sprue count issue. GW is a business first and foremost now, and has found a way to make a killing on plastic men by selling them in 10s for around 20 dollars. When you used to be able to get 16-20 a box for 30 bucks a few years back with hordes worth of sprues.

Its all business in my opinion.

richard barby:

all part of the plastic heroin plan of gw

Ishkur Cinderhat:

It’s because they are Slaanesh daemons. The price is just a devious way to lure unsuspecting customers into buying them and then lose their soul.

Joshmohr:

Yeah. The plastic heroin thing… I already sold my soul to GW for more orks.

slev:

I doubt the sprue count issue. GW is a business first and foremost now, and has found a way to make a killing on plastic men by selling them in 10s for around 20 dollars. When you used to be able to get 16-20 a box for 30 bucks a few years back with hordes worth of sprues.

Its all business in my opinion.

ClawLeader
Yes, ten years before the last price rise the infantry boxes went up to £12 for twenty models. Factoring in inflation, they should be at around £24 for twenty models.

Oh look, they are :P

Seriously, most GW core infantry have had their prices increase at slightly less than inflation.

I don't mind people complaining they're expensive, but inflationary price-rises on a two-year-basis is not a cause for a complaint in of itself.

Back to topic, as has been pointed out, these are in-line with similar models. In most cases where they've replaced metals with plastics price has either come down, or stayed static (for a bigger/better kit). This is thus hardly a surprise.

The only reason it's surprising is miss-timed replacements occurring over normal price rises and adjustments (see "Goldswords"), has left people expecting worse.

Fequiil:

Are you complaining because they're too cheap?

I have now, officially, seen everything.

Thommy H
that made me laugh.:hat off

Willmark:

Well for a company known for 95% of the time of raising prices I can understand why people would be surprised. Sad commentary on how peeople view GW actually.