[Archive] What army is the most difficult for you to face with Chaos Dwarfs?

Swissdictator:

As the subject says, what army is hardest for you to face with Chaos Dwarfs and why? Please respond in reference to Chaos Dwarfs only.

For me, at 2,000-2,250 points Vampires are the hardest. The Invocation healing them quickly, and Vanhel’s getting around the Earth shaker take away our biggest strengths. Bull Centaurs, Black Orcs, or a Lord on Taurus can do wonders… but still it is very hard. We’re just not deadly enough otherwise. The blunderbuss can kill in quantity, and make use of the large VC blocks… but again they just come back.

This surprises me as I was a longtime VC player before coming to CD. I know how they work, and can adapt decently well. I am also finding I can deal with Daemons to a degree (which I normally find the strongest) due to the Shaker messing them up!

What about you?

Bassman:

I do agree… VCs are my nemesis with Chaos Dwarfs. I cannot deal with their troops because I think we lack of “meat grinders” troops able to deliver large amount of low strenght attacks like witch elves. Only bull centaurs, orcs (with two choppas) and black orcs are able to deliver more then one attack. We are not able to kill them faster than they come back…

Even tought we are dwarfs we really suffer psicology warfare… we do not have ItP troops, it’s very easy to outnumber us and force us to breack test with double 1.

Even tough we have D9-10 if we are forced to test leadership many times we eventually fail tests.

I remember one battle, I focused 3 (3!) units of blunderbusses at full strenght on a single unit of zombies (or ghouls , do not remember), after three salvos only five remained. I was pretty sure I could handle them with a single full ranked unit of blunderbusses… next turn he managed to raise them back to 20, move dance with dance, charge me, win and force me to test with “snake eyes” and my unit of blunderbusses was gone! He was a kid so I did not shout what I was thinking… :wink:

Sometimes I do not really know how to handle that damn dead things… we also miss many magic attacks (I do normally have only two…) to deal with ethereals…

The only thing we have is a lot of cheap hobgoblins to throw them :slight_smile:

Thorne:

Vampire counts for sure, It seams however hard you hit them with your blunderbusses your earthshakers you never seam to quite get rid of them. Having played many a time against my best freinds army I have leveled near entire units of skeletons grave guard or zombies to see them stand back up the next magic phase ticks me off, I remember when having used both my regiments of blunderbusses ot take out a big 40 strong regiment of sheletons to see near 3/4 of them come back where they were in the first instance.

Its not the etheral models that I have a problem with I can take those out mainly with combat resolution or dropping a charactor wiht a magic weapon in a warrior regiment and holding them for a round or 2 its the magical reinforcement of ivocation and dance macarbre that get me on the back foot ever time. Troublesome things usualy like dire wolves are dispatched easily wiht my hobgobs but its just those darn undead core choices and regenerating wights that seam not to like my army

Border Reiver:

Like the rest of you, I’m finding VC are the hardest to defeat - from the high amounts of magic to the psych game and their general ability to resist the psychological effects of combat themselves.

Baggronor:

Shooting-based tactics generally play straight into VC’s hands, particularly the template/BB variety as you can’t inflict more hits than they have models. You need to engage them in melee in many places at once; that way their magic cannot sustain every combat and they are forced to make choices which you can exploit.

Vamps work best when they are in 1 or 2 combats into which they pour all their magic; hence people think they are being beaten by an 88pt unit that they can never kill, when in fact they are facing that 88pt unit plus 600pts of magic.

But yes, they are especially suited to fighting Dwarfs and CDs, as the high Dwarf Ld means nothing when outnumbered, and that coupled with the high points cost of Dwarf troops is often a fatal combination.

Bassman:

Shooting-based tactics generally play straight into VC's hands, particularly the template/BB variety as you can't inflict more hits than they have models. You need to engage them in melee in many places at once; that way their magic cannot sustain every combat and they are forced to make choices which you can exploit.

Baggronor
Good point. I pointed we have a lot of slaves to throw them. We can engage nasty troops with cheap cannon fodd while killing (at least trying...) other troops.
We still lack good hammers against them....
Vamps work best when they are in 1 or 2 combats into which they pour all their magic; hence people think they are being beaten by an 88pt unit that they can never kill, when in fact they are facing that 88pt unit plus 600pts of magic.
I've never tought we loose because of 88 points troops but because of those g@#damnit re-rollable spells that cost only one dice....

I always found wolfboys pretty useless against Vcs, as they normally move far away from the centre of the battle and out of general's range. With their crap ld6 they cannot stand any psychology test..... it's really easy to panic them.

Zanko:

Every army!

Cause I’m a bad player who also plays total seldomly - the last one with Chaos Dwarfs against Chaos - I think it was a massacre! … and I was the victim! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

Joshmohr:

I’d say a TK chariot army- To much speed!

Uzkul Werit:

Dark Elves.

I just can’t do nothing against them. Nothing can’t put a dent in the Harpies, if they’re keeping in Hotek range before they jump out at the war machines. Magic can’t touch them and shooting won’t do anything. Black Guard mince Chaos Dwarf warriors too.

I’d be inclined to say Vampires but we don’t have a regular player of them around here.