[Archive] what army you have that you hate

Kera foehunter:

Well i have to say Britonian

it due to the point that i them got as one of the game set

and there not much you can do with them!!

knights and archers

The Snowman:

I started putting my VC army together right at the end of the last book. I enjoyed using them back then. Since the latest VC book came out I have sort-of lost interest in them. That was what got me thinking of playing Chaos Dwarfs.

Pyro Stick:

I dont hate any of my armies really. But if i had to choose i would say wood elves because ive got quite a lot of expensive models but not a legal armies worth and i have no motivation to finish painting them all or to buy more models to make a legal army.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Heh, I have nothing. Why would I even bother buying something I don’t like? Even if I would have it, I’d just sell it off. :wink:

Border Reiver:

I don’t hate any of my armies. I’ve been bored with my Empire army lately, and I gave my old orc army to my oldest a few years ago, but I’ve never hated any of them. When I get bored with one, I switch to one of the others to mix it up a little.

Swissdictator:

I started putting my VC army together right at the end of the last book. I enjoyed using them back then. Since the latest VC book came out I have sort-of lost interest in them. That was what got me thinking of playing Chaos Dwarfs.

The Snowman
Very similar story. I started playing VC in 2005, got burned out not long after the new book was released. I love the *army* of Vampire Counts, as I like the undead... I'm just not that happy with the *rules* right now... it does play fairly differently. That ended up with me seeking a new army, and Chaos Dwarfs just drew me in last summer.

I'm seriously tempted to ask one or two friends to let me play VC with the 6th edition book.

BilboBaggins:

I don’t hate any of my armies, I just hate some of the builds people seem to use with them.

snowblizz:

Dwarfs!
On a more serious note however…

I’m an equal hate opportunist so I work on a sort of love/hate relationship with all my armies.

I was going to say I didn’t have any armies I hate but then I realised I do have some Space Marines from AoBR after all.

wallacer:

I don’t really hate any of my armies, but the one I enjoyed playing the least (until I sold it) was regular Dwarfs. They just don’t seem to have the variety or tactical options that CD have.

Thorne:

Tricky to utilise ones like I find High and strangely dark elves to be, On the other hand I have a woodelf army I have nevertruely finnished painting due to the ammount of cost that dryads I really wanted would come to. One day ill have inspiration and finnish the dryads and the treemen sigh

Kera foehunter:

sorry i did not mean hate !!more like a army you did not want!!

sorta like skavens

BilboBaggins:

I nearly made a Skaven army once. The GW manager talked me out of it.

I think they would have looked good as Lab Rats.

Kera foehunter:

lol that would look great white rat with wire sticking out of there head

BilboBaggins:

I would have saved that for the Rate Ogres.

Willmark:

Brettonian.

Although my “dislike” these days of the army is more to do with “other factors” then my actual painted army of Bretonnians…

Khunag:

it due to the point that i them got as  one of the game set
knights and archers

Kera foehunter
Good for bits though ;)

apocalypstia:

while i dont really hate any army i do find armies that are easily abused a touch on the more than frustrating side. But thats also in the context of playing against them; and thats not so much on the army itself but the player… lol. I have a fix for that well sorta… if someone abuses a list too much and often i whip out the over the top tzeentchian daemon list which usually grants them some perspective on the desire for a more enjoyable, fun and fair game.

As far as creating and playing a list… the least of my favorites would prolly be skaven, but thats more because its still foreign to me, with nearly too many special rules and tactica… so a little overwhelming for now… but i still maintain an evergrowing vermin horde to one day grace the battlefields.

Kera foehunter:

it due to the point that i them got as  one of the game set
knights and archers

Kera foehunter
Good for bits though ;)

Khunag
All my bad army get cut up !!!!

Britonian are easy to make chaos knight

TLTG:

I actually genuinely enjoy my Bretonnians. I appreciate that, in a world overrun with demons, beasts, elves of all types, dwarves, upright monstrous lizards, rat men, and the undead, there are still a handful of idiots both brave and stupid enough to mount up and charge at it with nothing but a long wooden stick to separate them from their enemy.

I have a demon army I don’t enjoy playing because everybody knows the demon army in fantasy is over the top, and I just plain don’t like 40k that much. I tried to go for the part of demons nobody bothers with (it’s a pure slaanesh list) but it doesn’t seem to help. I also experienced the same thing with my Vampire Counts as everybody else did - the new book just murdered any interest I had in running them for a good long time.

snowblizz:

All my bad army get cut up !!!!

Kera foehunter
I always pegged Brettonninas as sorta of an emo-army yes. But cutting themselves, now that's having issues...