[Archive] What came first MM90 or Chaos Dwarf Renegades?

Ubertechie:

I thought the MM90’s came first and i am sure that some of mine have a 1984 datestamp on them (cant check as htey are halfway around the world) and i was wondering why no-one had suggested celebrating the 25th anniversary of our beloved fellows - however according to Stuff of legends

MM90 - release date 1988

MM90 - Chaos Dwarves

Chaos Dwarf Renegades - release date 1986

http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc6chaosdwarfs.htm

Is this correct - help I am confused

Pyro Stick:

I checked the tab on the last mm90 i have that isnt glued to its base and it didnt have a date stamp on it. If i remember correctly from my others, they saw Marauder on one side and CD# on the other. If stuff of legends say that the mm90’s were later then i guess they were. They look like much better sculpts which would suggest to me that they are later.

Ubertechie:

Which leads to the question - what was the first chaos dwarf mini available ?

Pyro Stick:

Which leads to the question - what was the first chaos dwarf mini available ?

Ubertechie
Well since this guy is considered to be a chaos dwarf now a days i would say this guy is the first chaos dwarf since he was out before any official chaos dwarf were released:

Ubertechie:

Ah okay - thanks

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

All my Marauders has CD# in the front and ‘Marauders’ at the back. C16s says '85, Renegades '86 and those D3’s I haven’t glued on bases starts at '85 - but the tag of Kirgund Widowmaker could say '84 - real looks like a ‘4’ - but it’s not that clear.

I would also say that Marauders were made after the first CDs were made by Citadel.

And I would reacon that the first Chaos Dwarf would be this one:

EDIT: Sorry, Pyro beat me to it

Swissdictator:

Wow, the MM90s seem a bit better figs… though maybe it just how they are presented.

cornixt:

Marauder weren’t even around until 1988, so it unlikely that the models were released before then. They could have been sculpted before that but 1984 seems very early (and the models would have blown away everything else at the time)

Swissdictator:

1988? I was three back then.

I thought first edition was rules, but no figures, for general gaming?

GRNDL:

First edition was rules, army lists, more of an RPG oriented miniatures game. There were figures, but the rules were to support the models, rather than the other way around. That is, the model ranges already existed, and the rules were written to give them a purpose. Not a lot of special rules and the army lists themselves were 1-3 pages including illustrations. Very meager background material. A lot of the “seeds” of what Warhammer was to become are there (statlines, 1-4 level wizards, psychology rules, daemon weapons etc), so I’d dismiss the idea that it was for general gaming - ie, the rules were not easily applicable to say D&D or Runequest minis. However, Warhammer 2nd Ed (1985?) was a far more complete system and the beginning of Warhammer proper.

Henroth:

MM90 - release date 1988
http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm90cdwf.htm

Chaos Dwarf Renegades - release date 1986
http://www.solegends.com/citboxes/bc6chaosdwarfs.htm

Ubertechie
Is equal, all the Chaos Dwarfs marauders be fantastic.