[Archive] What do Chaos Dwarfs eat?

lizardbrain:

I doubt they’d eat their slaves because they need them for sacrifices and labor. The dead slaves would have been worked to the bone and offer little to no nutritional value and would probly be just gross, the geography and environment of the Dark Lands isn’t really suitable for agriculture, and who wants to grow crops when there are skulls to split? they don’t like veggies anyway i’m sure… :sick

Joshmohr:

I’d say alcohol makes up a large portion of their diet, probably a lot of meat to.

G.2:

Mine eat thick lentil soup and good serve of wild boar (it is not boar as we know it, it is a lot more ferocious and very tasty). I have heard that there is large wild mushroom, about the size of Chaos Dwarf’s shield, these are collected by the slaves and roasted over the open fires of their kitchens, again another tasty item.

Nicodemus:

alcohol, meat and stonebread.

I would guess that alcohol is overseen by various ranks of Dawi-Zharr brewmasters and the slaves are only kept to stoke the fires for the stills, while things like stonebread would be mostly made by slaves with the odd Dawi-Zharr around to make sure the slaves aren’t spittin’ in the mix.

I dunno, some roasted Black Orc flesh right after a hard-fought battle would be mighty appetizing, if bitter-sweet… especially if the Orc scum put up much of a fight. I’d bet horse meat would be a great one, although I’d avoid eating anything that’s caught in the rivers of the Dark Lands. Would there be any chance that some of the Dawi-Zharr elite would have ever dined on High Elf flesh? Maybe even as a status thing? Probably not common.

~N

Pyro Stick:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=504

Fequiil:

i’d say that vegies actually DO grow in vulcanic regiones, cause the ground is very fertile(sorry if this ain’t right english…)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks for linking Pyro. In future, please do a quick search to see if a topic has been opened and discussed. For now, keep new posts in this thread, otherwise it’ll be locked and all posts on this topic would then be made in the more extensive and older one :wink:

Anyhow: Volcano erupting = ash. We have plenty of that. Ash = VERY nutritionally viable source for growing plants. It is actually often better than soil and can cause vast regrowth, so famrs are a viable option. On top of that, we likely import a lot of meat and such-like.

Fequiil:

Anyhow: Volcano erupting = ash. We have plenty of that. Ash = VERY nutritionally viable source for growing plants. It is actually often better than soil and can cause vast regrowth, so famrs are a viable option. On top of that, we likely import a lot of meat and such-like.

Hashut's Blessing
thats what i meant;P
:cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Fequiil: I somehow didn’t read your post, lol :smiley: Sorry. In that case, we agree :wink:

Fequiil:

Fequiil: I somehow didn't read your post, lol :D Sorry. In that case, we agree ;)

Hashut's Blessing
yes we do.;P

Anonymouse:

Hashut's Blessing
thats what i meant;P

Fequiil
Not quite: it is extremely fertile once the minerals contained within the ashes have been washed out and into the soil. However, high amounts of volcanic ash are toxic for crops and plants for several years (depending on how much ash is deposited, of course)

Fequiil:

Hashut's Blessing
thats what i meant;P

Fequiil
Not quite: it is extremely fertile once the minerals contained within the ashes have been washed out and into the soil. However, high amounts of volcanic ash are toxic for crops and plants for several years (depending on how much ash is deposited, of course)

Anonymouse
how the hell did you know that?:o

Anonymouse:

Good question: I’ve always had a knack for unusual factoids :wink:

*EDIT: Plus a few weeks back a firend and I were discussing what the effect of the

Fequiil:

Good question: I've always had a knack for unusual factoids ;)

Anonymouse
:o
oke.

cornixt:

Check out the recovery of the land around Mount St Helens, that blew 20 years ago and the land and water have made a huge comeback compared to what was expected.

Anonymouse:

Oh, nature will recover, no matter how bad it has been damaged. It just takes a while but when it does: duuuuuude :wink:

The Stormchild:

Blindfish. The fish that live in Dwarf mines and strongholds. Mentioned in the Gotrek and Felix novel, Daemonslayer.

Or is that just normal Dwarfs?

TheVoice:

Trade for cattle with the steppe tribes, and I imagine cultivating crops from the ash is not beyond the Chaos Dwarfs.

Even Mordor had farmland. :wink:

Anonymouse:

“One does not just farmville into Mordor!”

Ronshank:

Well they trade with the Ogres and go off to collect slaves so it stands to reason that they would have beasts to slaughter not to mention out-posts capable of growing crops (hay, barley etc). No doubt they also have all the slaves which could tend to the flocks in house as well as grow what ever they could underground. They survived underground without anyone before Hashut so there must be things that grow underground that dwarfs can eat I mean in the fluff they were made from the earth itself (hence the turning to stone stuff) so it stands to reason that they can find nurishment. That they can eat certian types of rocks is certainly a very viable theory.