[Archive] What do you do on a day off

Kera foehunter:

besides warhammer what do you do on a day off???

slev:

Besides Warhammer (and other similar geekary), I spend time with my g/f, go clubbing & sing in a prog-metal band.

Willmark:

Catch up on everything I’ve been neglecting…

Hammerhand:

I tend to spend a lot of time tinkering with my go kart or playing Guitar Hero on wii.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Since I’ve been off for God knows how long (without any success at getting a job), I’ve done some painting WH here and there, seen my girlfriend as much as possible (since, at uni, it’s all but impossible for me to see her), a wee bit of preparation for university, the odd bit of PS2ing, mostly Internet and some tele. Not a whole lot else really…

Kera foehunter:

i sleep (Yawn) watch dvd with brian and do laundry!!!

Lifer:

Sports is what I like. Martial arts, basketball etc. And hanging out with friends ofc. Oh, and I listen to LOTS of music (can be done with or without warhammer) and play my 6-string every once in a while.

Captain Crayon:

At the moment I’m trying to get the last of my orcs painted up, so I’m doing that… or putting together models for my 1st 40k army.

Also polluting the airwaves with my banjo, working on an xc ute i’m building for my brother or taking my 1939 Chev sedan out for a drive if the weather is good :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

At uni, I LARP and roleplay as well. Also, drink whilst gaming at uni.

demonicprince20:

study my japanese and play my drums for the heck of it

zorn sabretooth:

also hb adds cr*p to my facebook city DOES MORDHEIM REALLY NEED A DEPRESSED MATHS TEACHER and you ruined asskickastan

i just mess aroud trawl the internet , go shooting watch movies ETC

two_heads_talking:

I help my daughters with homework. We also do family reading (I usually read to them even though both are teenagers. or we each read a chapter out loud etc). Play board games with my wife and kids.

I might play some Diablo II or world of warcraft or some other video/computer game. Usually to connect with my brothers who live in other areas of the US>

1 hour a day, my kids and I challenge each other to events on the wii fit. (this has been reduced to once ever 2 days since school has started).

I also read the scriptures in Japanese (just to keep up my language).

Visit my mother and father on the weekends for an hour or two. I also attempt to fix things in the house, usually I break it worse and end up paying someone else to fix everything I broke.

Did you ask what I do on my day off? As you can see above, I don’t really have a day off. My Sundays consists of church duties, and visiting families in the church to make sure their needs are being met etc.

Obsidian:

Hardly have free time at the moment but generally doing fun stuff with the missus and friends, play poker and preparing for the wedding.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

At uni, I LARP and roleplay as well. Also, drink whilst gaming at uni.

Hashut's Blessing
so you run around the classroom and hallways dressed up as (well i don't know what race you are)...drunk wow! i'm going to uni:P

HashutsChosen:

Day off? What is this concept?

I think my company is convinced we don’t need any days off. I end up doing spreadsheets, number-crunching, and reports because I don’t have time during the weekdays.

:frowning:

Kera foehunter:

what is your job H .C. the local gambling bookie

lol

HashutsChosen:

what is your job H .C. the local gambling  bookie
lol

Kera foehunter
hehe, I wish!  I'm a Senior Software Support Engineer whose job it is to analyze outages, find root cause and put in place preventative measures in software, hardware, or networks to prevent loss of redundancy or service.

During the week I fix things, on the evenings and weekends, I do analysis of failures, charting, graphing, etc.

However, I've found a loophole in this, I still have 3 weeks of vacation to sneak in by the end of the year... :P

Kera foehunter:

HOLY SH–

You need some time off !!!

Vanvlak:

HashutsChosen, I feel your pain :slight_smile:

I’m an eng too, and I very cleverly went for a Univ job when I had the chance. What this meant was that in 8 years I managed to take LESS than the number of days of leave allowed for one year…

But this summer, at last, I managed to get a couple of weeks. Phew!

So - what did I do on those days off: catch up with stuff which I’d not catered for. This means -

1 day painting and modelling

1 day writing

12 hours reading

rest of the two weeks doing jobs at home and clearing old paperwork etc… gah.

Kera foehunter:

wow this is funny most people here rather paint there figures on a day off

i do too ! But if i don’t take time off i become another working zombie

or a slave !!! i love too work. but I like to have a good time too.