[Archive] What new chaos dwarf unit would you like to see?

Alric:

If you could add one new unit to the Ravening Horde list for chaos dwarfs what would it be ?

Post your idea of what you think would be the best new chaos dwarf unit, explain why and fill out all the stats and fluff.

jolpis:

some sort of big cannon in the midle of the BB unit that takes down hte tough targrgets one by one

Loki:

Immortals would be such a great unit to have in the army

Pyro Stick:

I would love to see the Juggernaut make a return. It could do with a new model (so that i can actually afford one lol). Chaos Dwarfs need a hell of a lot more units so the Immortals are a must.

Alric:

Immortals would be such a great unit to have in the army

Loki
What would your "Immortals" be like ?

Alric:

some sort of big cannon in the midle of the BB  unit that takes down hte tough targrgets one by one

jolpis
That kinda sounds like the old Bazooka teams, which I liked.

Scion:

Some form of war machine that acts as a monster and fires something different, like sharpened discus.

Grimstonefire:

If I could add only one thing to ravening hordes it would be the equivalent of hammerers (stubborn, immune to fear/ terror if lord joins them, great weapon), with gromril/ chaos armour.

That would be a nice cheap(ish) elite unit that would sit nicely in the context of RH.

Baggronor:

Immortals definitely.

kerbak:

agree, Inmortals or any elite warrios unit will be great, a unit

Thommy H:

If only someone had written rules for exactly what you’re all asking for and managed to get them in the Word of Hashut!

Baggronor:

If only someone had written rules for exactly what you're all asking for and managed to get them in the Word of Hashut!
And if only someone had done a nice picture of them too (coming soon:))

Alric:

If I could add only one thing to ravening hordes it would be the equivalent of hammerers (stubborn, immune to fear/ terror if lord joins them, great weapon), with gromril/ chaos armour.

That would be a nice cheap(ish) elite unit that would sit nicely in the context of RH.

Grimstonefire
I have a unit kinda like this. It's a unit of chaos dwarf that uses mechanical constructs similar to Astrogaths. Kinda like powered exo armor, with mace for fist, but not spell casters. They all have M6, WS5, S5, T4, W1, I2, A2, Ld9, charge 6, and like you say stubborn and 3+ armor save, 6 ward save cuz they have turned to stone. Basically like Astrogath w/o the spell ability, they were sorcerers that ritually sacrificed their ability to cast spells and are living obsidian stone , I call them Immortals. I thought they would make really cool looking miniatures, have a couple different chaos dwarfs in different looking constructs or even customize your own, then you could stick Astrogath in the unit to lead them.

Kera foehunter:

i say enslaver!! a group of badd asses that enslavers slaves

yea immortal are ok but they would not compete with the enslavers!!

they would enslave from gnobler to giants

Hazkar:

the kolossus would be great

and of course immortals

and maybe a tank…that would be cool

Alric:

i say enslaver!! a group of badd asses that enslavers  slaves
yea immortal are ok but they would not compete with the enslavers!!
they would enslave from gnobler to giants

Kera foehunter
Yes, great idea. I've heard lots of others say that an enslaver unit should be part of the chaos dwarf army.

I use the Black Orcs from the original list and gave them hatred vs. other humanoids. For fluff I used the black orcs as bred for this job that their natural disposition is well suited for enslaving, bossing and pushing around greenskins and others. I gave them iron whips/swords and nets as weapons, the whip can be used as a short ranged as well as hth weapon, and the net I used the original rules for it, the net reduces enemies to hit by 1 and also counts same as a shield.

astragoth:

i would absolutly add a kollossus or slaves,

Thommy H:

Slaves are - what do you think Hobgoblins, Orcs and Goblins are supposed to be? Including the Kolossus would be difficult since the fluff for it wasn’t written until years after the Ravening Hordes list was published.

Patrikson:

An Alchemist it be like a Sorceror but can turn into a Gold Golem

astragoth:

Slaves are - what do you think Hobgoblins, Orcs and Goblins are supposed to be? Including the Kolossus would be difficult since the fluff for it wasn't written until years after the Ravening Hordes list was published.

Thommy H
i mean a slave unit called only "slaves" that is a mix of diffrent kind of models. and the question was" if you could add one unit to the ravening hordes list, what would it be", not" what is not in the ravening hordes that could be it"
i understand what you mean with the slaves ond of couse those a
ARE slaves, but that is not what i mean. i would like an unit of random slave-models.