[Archive] What to add next?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’ve got this in here as I wanted to say what I already have, using WYSIWYG and their points totals, then find out what sort of things people think I should add. I’ll also note down what’s on the way or at least planned.

Sorcerer Lord (of metal)- Level 4

- 4x Power Stone (not likely, but I might :wink: )

- 325 points

Chaos Dwarf Lord- Great Weapon

- Armour of Gazrakh

- Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

- 176 points

Sorcerer (of fire)- Level 2

- Staff of Sorcery (a must)

- 150 points

Hobgoblin Hero- Wolf

- Armour of the Furnace

- Shield

- 99 points

Bull Centaur Hero- Heavy Armour

- Shield

- Black Hammer of Hashut

- 151 points (This is still WiP from H’thark the Unstoppable)

Chaos Dwarf Warriors- 15

- Blunderbusses

- Full command

- 210 points

Chaos Dwarf Warriors- 15

- Blunderbusses

- Full command

- 210 points

Chaos Dwarf Warriors- 12

- Great Weapons

- Full Command

- 162 points (Got the parts)

Chaos Dwarf Warriors- 11

- Great Weapons

- Full Command

- 151 points (Got the parts)

Hobgoblins- 10

- Wolves

- Shields

- Light Armour

- Full Command

- 160 points

Hobgoblins- 20

- Bows

- Full Command

- 130 points

Orc Boyz- 17

- Big 'Uns

- Additional Choppas

- Full Command

- 206 points (I think? This is from memory)

Black Orcs- 10

- Full Command

- 160 points? (A guess, as I’m too lazy to go and check the book)

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower- x2

- 60 points

Bull Cenaturs- 5

- Heavy Armour

- Full Command

- War Banner (maybe)

- 175 points (got the parts and some ideas)

Earthshaker- x2

- 220 points (one can be used as a Death Rocket though…)

So, that’s all I can remember off the top of my head. I have used one of the potential GW warriors in a scenic combat already and another one was the basis for my metal sorcerer. I bought 30 Dwarf miners ya see :wink: 5 will become the torsos for my bull centaurs, with Kera’s idea of Gor legs. However, I might just not cut off the torso off the front-most bodies and then I can get 5 more GW warriors… I’m also considering splitting the hobbo archers into two units and the GW warriors merging into one. At some point, I shall make a Great Taurus and probably a Lamassu, but those are a long way off yet. I’ve got ideas for a warshrine (mostly for AC, but also for my WoC army), which I might use as a GT/L. So, what sort of things am I lacking? What do you think I need to make the army look cooler or to make it play better?

Eventually, I plan to have a unit of everything, but I don;t want to do huge blocks of new units just yet. I’ve decided I shall make a BSB, but that won’t necessarily be the next thing I do, but I could easily remove a single GW warrior to make him, so I have a few thoughts in me noggin. Goblins will likely be the last thing I added, Death Rocket is also very far off (and I can use one as is), sneaky gits would be the next unit I made that’s not already in my list.

So, I guess I’m asking: do I need to bulk up any units? Do I need more units of a certain type? Or should I move on to making some ogre bulls/ironguts/maneaters/leadbelchers/sneaky gits/death rcoket/goblins?

Fallen246:

Orc Boyz- 17
- Big 'Uns
- Additional Choppas
- Full Command
- 206 points (I think? This is from memory)

Hashut's Blessing
214 points.
Black Orcs- 10
- Full Command
- 160 points? (A guess, as I'm too lazy to go and check the book)

Hashut's Blessing
168 points.

I was going to suggest another set of Bolt Throwers, but then I noticed the Bow Equipped Hobgoblins (which would add a fair bit of firepower). So, I have no suggestions just corrections of points :P

Hashut’s Blessing:

Obviously, I’d have checked points values pre-game, but it was mostly to give people an idea of the combos I could make and what I have, more than anything else.

Why more bolt throwers?

minty:

well, I’d add in a death rocket personaly, becausethere cool, can cause a lot of damage and are as accurate as the next stone thrower

either that, or soe more BCs…

Fallen246:

Obviously, I'd have checked points values pre-game, but it was mostly to give people an idea of the combos I could make and what I have, more than anything else.

Why more bolt throwers?

Hashut's Blessing
The amount of times I have not been able to shoot my opponent due to my taking crossbowmen rather than another bolt thrower in my DE army list is enough reason for me to insist you need more range over numbers of shots. But, considering the amount of hobgoblins, that fact you already have two spellcasters as well when I usually take one, and the fact you also have blunderbusses I am not sure the same necessity applies.

Hashut’s Blessing:

minty, I don;t like the idea of using two Earthshakers, so if I have the points, one usually ends up as a death rocket (it’s a versatile model :wink: )and what makes ya say more BCs?

I’d like to point out, I don;t mean any of this confrontationally, I just like to know people’s reasonings…

Fallen246, I guess you’re right. 20 bow shots, 2 (3 if I break them up) units of BBs, an ES, a DR and 2 BTs should be enough shooting for anyone, lol. Those BTs are just so brilliant. Sousonou lost one model to one of them in an entire game, but it was about a quarter of his army lol!

Willmark:

Where are the2nd hobbo wolfriders??? Best unit in the game and they are CORE! Booyah!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I tend to play very statically, but they’ll be kept in consideration :wink:

It’s a case of what to use as mounts. I’d want 5 Chaos Warhounds and 5 something elses…

Maul:

I tend to move my army forward a lot, but I field two units that you don’t. First I have a big block of 25 chaos dwarf warriors armed with hand weapon and shield (I usually put a chaos dwarf hero in it and a warbanner) and a large block of 30 naked hobgoblins with a musician.

My big block of dwarf warriors has good armor saves and a lot of combat resolution (Standard, banner, 3 ranks, and I hope weight for +6).  I will be honest with you, my chaos dwarves do not blow my opponent out of the water, but they play an aggressive game and try to put the weight of large blocks of troops all over my opponents. The hobgoblins are a meaty disposable unit with large combat resolution. You put then near your leadership 10 hero and they act a lot like a zombie unit tying up a much more expensive and powerful unit for much of the game.

If you want to do a hero, you might consider a bull centaur battle standard bearer. I am working on one for my force and looking forward to seeing it in action.

Good luck on any project you start. Massive blocks of hobgoblins are very painful to complete (I am still working on mine).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Can I ask why you suggest a BC BSB? Only, it seems a little strange to have that effect run ahead of my army…