[Archive] What to use as third hero chooise in 1250 points

Bor:

While the army is getting painted I amtrying to make out some lists I want to try first.

Based on my experience with, dwarfs, DoW and VC I will normaly run army that have the following hero setup in 1250 points:

- lvl1 scroll caddy

- BSB or general dwarf hero

I am thinking of adding a third hero. Then I can choose between the BC or a goblin on a wolf. Both equiped with THE hammer.

I want either one of them cause they had some speed to the army that can strike out fast, far and hard.

But which chooise would be better?

The goblin hero will cost 60 points less. Which is alot if you spend it on hobgoblins. Or would it be better to field the BC-hero due to 1 more attack, 1 more Initiatieve and 2 more Leadership?

In 2000 points or up I will take the BC but aint he expensive for the lower points battles?

The 1250 point army will have the follwoing units:

- 2 units of 15 BB with FC

- 2 swivel guns (counting as BT’s)

- earthshaker

- goblin wolfriders with shield+musician

- hobgoblins with LA+shield+FC

- hobgoblins naked

Auretious Taak:

I wouldn’t take the BC because you don’t have a unit of Bull centaurs to stick him in. At the least the Hobgob has a unit he can jump into and if used wisely they’ll make a surprising dent all things considered. If ona wolf, consider getting a second small unit of Hobgobs on wolf witha musician 6 usually is a magic number here, and use them to flank charge or rear charge the same unit the Hobgob hero does, it works wonders and does all sorts of fun carnage. :slight_smile:

Auretious Taak.

Giftzwerg:

If ona  wolf, consider getting a second small unit of Hobgobs on wolf witha musician 6 usually is a magic number here, and use them to flank charge or rear charge
Auretious Taak.

Auretious Taak
Um...The minimum unit size for hobgoblin wolfriders is 10, unless you take Oglah Khan and his wolfboys as a rare choice. Took me a while to work that one out too......