[Archive] What video game console is better?

Kera foehunter:

I say nintindo Wii

i like wii fit !! Pluss that the only game system i have with me !!

* Kera flexes her arms !*

but i do have a 360 at homei like to play

Warhammerman:

Get X-Box 360 just so you can play Dragon Age Origins. That is the best games I’ve played and it has a very interesting take on dwarfs.

Baggronor:

Get X-Box 360 just so you can play Dragon Age Origins. That is the best games I've played and it has a very interesting take on dwarfs.
Its on ps3 too :) Will be buying that very very soon...

Warhammerman:

Get X-Box 360 just so you can play Dragon Age Origins.  That is the best games I've played and it has a very interesting take on dwarfs.
Its on ps3 too :) Will be buying that very very soon...

Baggronor
Curses! People saw through my clever attempt to sell more x-boxes. haha :P

nitroglysarine:

woot, go 360!!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

alton:

I think Xbox 360 is better among all these.

I have Xbox 360 since last 2 months and i really enjoy with it.

GRNDL:

Really, if you want to play Dragon Age, play it on the PC. The console versions are ridiculously hobbled in comparison to the PC version.

Also, choose a console based on the games you want to play, not which others think is best. PS3 is great for most arcadey types of games and has the best variety. If you play lots of shooters, 360 has the most and best. Wii… well, if you’re not a hardcore gamer, you’ll get something out of it.

RoguePanda:

For old school consoles my vote has to go to either a) the Sega Megadrive… could not stop playing Streets of Rage 1 +2 as a youngster, or b) the late lamented Dreamcast…

I only have an Xbox myself, I haven’t really done enough gaming over the last few years to warrent an upgrade.

Willmark:

Wii... well, if you're not a hardcore gamer, you'll get something out of it.

GRNDL
Yep hours of fun with my daughter and wife that has nothing to do with shooting zombies/ nazis or both, pimping out/slapping ho's or playing what is essentially the same game time and time again. Halo 24 anyone?

Its always interesting to me that it is in my experience the X-Box players that REALLY go out of their way to disparage the Wii... wonder why that is?

The other really interesting thing is most PS3 fans seem to be pretty even keeled (at least the ones I have met) and are happy with their system and solider on.

GRNDL:

Well, as an owner of an Xbox 360 AND a Wii, I can say that the 360 appeals to me far more. I’ve logged 5 hrs over 3 games on the Wii and just don’t find it compelling - really just a gimmick at this time, IMO. And one of those was a shooter (CoD 3). The Wii hasn’t done much for gamers, IMO, or for the game industry at all. Its made a ton of money for Nintendo and not many other people, which is the opposite of what Nintendo wanted to get out of it. The Wii is pretty much a kick in the teeth for multiplayer online games, so maybe that is where the ire comes from.

Also, the hate on for Halo is stupid. Halo was a redefinition of console shooters and is a landmark product. I believe that people’s hatred of it is simply because they can’t get behind it, and feel left out over it. I will gladly buy Halo 24 if it comes out. Still, I am a Halo fan and continue to be. Even got the Halo Encyclopaedia for Christmas.

Servius:

I own both a Wii and a 360. I also still use my original Xbox I actually find myself using my original xbox more (its modded) simply as I like older games. My 360 is pretty much just a Netflix box. And the Wii we have for my wife’s WiiFit game. I agree with a previous post saying the Wii is just a Gimmick, It is! It has some cool tech on it but the games for it a very childish or exercise games. Overall, I would say that the 360 with all its problems is superior out of the 3 majors simply because of it raw capabilities… I really can’t stand playstation. its just too overpriced for what it is and really is a overhyped blueray player. PC can be good… but I have found that over the years they just cant keep up… Take Ghostbusters… I have a NEW computer… Less than a year old and its pretty much a gaming machine. It wont play the Ghostbusters game… it meets all the recommended reqs but just runs like baked a^%. But the same game on any of its supported consoles runs like a dream. there is something to be said about a dedicated game system.

Willmark:

The Wii is pretty much a kick in the teeth for multiplayer online games, so maybe that is where the ire comes from.

GRNDL
Oh you mean the same gamers that gave Nintendo the middle finger to begin with, i.e. the ones that were going to buy the "gimmick" anyways? More power to Nintendo.

Swissdictator:

I’m happy with my PS3. I had an X-box last generation, which I really only played Crimson Skies and Halo 2 on. Previously played PC mostly, with some Genesis mixed in.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

it has the best selection of games and is much better value than the PS3.
Not quite so. About a year ago, that used to be as such, but times have changed.
What exclusives does the 360 have? The Halo genre, Fable, Forza - that's about it for the main ones. The PS3's got LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted series, God of War ... certainly not inferior to the 360 exclusvies named above. The difference is that the 360 calls out to a larger group of people, while PS3 focusses on the gamers that are a little bit more hardcore. Just look at the hard drives - the 360 comes with 20GB, the PS3 with 500GB standard. Thát difference often makes people think the 360 has better games, while it's just got more games.

As for value - no, definitely not. The 360 �,�250 if you want decent stuff packed with it,the PS3 now costs �,�300 (and nearly the same in $ or GBP, I think), . You'll get yourself a monster-machine with Blu-ray driver for that! Did you know the US military bought a few 100,000 PS3s for some project they're working on? That's because it's one of the best value machines out there - affordable and delivering great efforts.

Oh, just look at Assassin's Creed 2. The 360 version is flawed, while the PS3 version is perfect. Ubisoft's even giving those who own the PS3 and PSP version extra content, which is not even downloadble for the 360 (that could be a pretty penny, but no, they didn't go for it). Why's that? Because the 360 can't keep up with the games anymore. Somewhere in 2010, there'll be a new game released for the PS3 - MAG - allowing multiplayer with over 100 people in a single match.

How's that for Halo, with its 8v8 'Big Team' Battles? Oh, Halo's got it's best time. Maybe it'll experience a short revival under Reach, but for now, other games have shoved it off its throne. The same is likely to happen to the 360.

I voted for PS3 - to answer your question directly. Was signed by an Xbox-360 owner, which he's more than happy with.

Kera foehunter:

Well guys i have to say Wii !!!

If any of you have the wii system get JUST DANCE !!!

dudes this rocks !!!this beat all the other stuff

Vash:

i’ve voted PC… simply because i don’t have a console and whenever i play on one i’m looking more at the controller then the screen (this is offcourse inexperience, but i also don’t have a decent TV for a console… mine beeing about 30 years old and not used for about 5 years).

but… i think that the wii is a lot of fun when you’re having a laugh with friends and a beer.

one of the older consoles i do have is an ancient philips MSX2 and an incomplete commodor 64.

Warhammerman:

Wii is okay for interactive games and a must have for stuff like that. But, as I said before 360 blows them all away with 1st Person shooter games and almost always excellent graphics. PS3’s are okay, but 360 really shines for me.

Bolg:

I voted for the 360, I love playing Halo Online and online stuff is great. the graphics are very nice and I love how I can plug in my extended hard disk and watch stuff om my TV. (you can even watch missed TV episodes straight from the net if you really want).

I thought of voting “Other” as I also have a PS2 and really love it, there are loads of games and the still bring out new titles. And best of all you can play PS1 games on it and I’m a sucker for oldschool stuff like Tombraider, Resident evil, Crash Bandicoot or anything that has Bruce Campbell’s voice in it (Pitfall 3D, Broken Helix, Evil Dead).

I will buy a PS3 in the future as I want to play God of war 3 and all the new Ratchet and Clank titles (they Rule!!!), but the Ps3 isnt backwards compatible and I heard bad stuff about the online community.

I do have some found memories of my Sega megadrive and 8bit, they were in my world a lot better than anything Nintendo ever made or will make.

Gaming om a PC has never been my thing, I like strategy games like Command and Conquer an Dune (the only games better played with the mouse). but as I work behind the PC I dont like games, they are a distraction and its worse fort my RSI.

Bolg:

Oh and I dont understand the Wii, the graphics are bad and there are very little titles. the controls are fun for a while (probably, I cant care for a sec).

Its great you can download lots of old games, but playing those using the controller is a less than attractive thought.

Oh and I still dont get anything Mario related, they keep forcing that lame ass character down everyone’s throat. He is so extremely uncool.