[Archive] Whats better gw cd or blorcs

lokigod:

my basic list is almost all infantry so wondering who makes the better flanker when looking at point cost!

cd x 12 - 10 or 11 points disremeber (2 ranks 6 wide)

6 str 5 attacks

armour save is +5 or with shield and hw +4

point cost 132

black orcs x 12 - 14 points decked out(2 ranks 6 wide)

12 str 5 attacks or 6 str 6 attacks

same armour save

point cost 168

my basic army has

magic heavy hero except wolf riding hobo

2 units cd

2 ard hob gob foot units

2 blunder

2 death

1 earth

So basically im wondering who you think is the better flanker unit for the points!

1 hob wolf

Khaosbeardling:

Not having a huge amount of xp in the subject of flanking, but I’d say the Blorcs because of their higher movement. Even though the points kind of moves you away from them most ofthe time, I think the points would be worth it.

Uzkul Werit:

It depends what you’re after. Durability award goes to Chaos Dwarfs without the Great Weapons because they’re cheaper. The Great Weapons are never really worth it as they’re still only S5. Now if you’re after punch, the Black Orcs are your best bet. Double Choppas get that S5 and another attack to boot.

Malificant:

blorcs are better flankers/protectors for a few reason. they have higher movement, better strength, and the possibility of 2 attacks. the thing that chaos dwarves have going for them is a smaller footprint, making them easier to fit/manouver, and lower points cost. i still say blorcs are better however.

lokigod:

Yes I was thinking blorcs also… I might just run both and see what I like. Wanted to do an all infantry army so trying not include many cav. units. Just a unit of wolf riders too clear fact cav and flyers to prevent march blocking and warmachine destruction.

Malificant:

that is alot of rolls for one unit of wolf boyz. id say try to get 2 units. if you want infantry you can do something like this:

25 CDW w/ Warbanner-280

24 CDW w/ BSB-361

18 Blorcs-290

20 'ard grots-80

20 'ard grots-80

15 BB-180

15 BB-180

10 wolves w/M-120

10 wolves w/M-120

4 bolt throwers-120

1 death rocket-80

1 earth shaker-110

leaves you about 330 points for your other characters.

lokigod:

that is alot of rolls for one unit of wolf boyz.��id say try to get 2 units.��if you want infantry you can do something like this:

25 CDW w/ Warbanner-280
24 CDW w/ BSB-361
18 Blorcs-290
20 'ard grots-80
20 'ard grots-80
15 BB-180
15 BB-180
10��wolves w/M-120
10��wolves w/M-120
4 bolt throwers-120
1 death rocket-80
1 earth shaker-110

leaves you about 330 points for your other characters.

Malificant
I can add in another unit of wolfs but dont want to use bolt throwers so those are out. Also death rockets and earth shaker are one reason I picked this army so im going to use 2 death rockets and 1 earth shaker for sure. Other than that like the list you posted!

Canix:

What about big uns with choppas ,you get alot more bang for yer buck:hat

Malificant:

eh, animosity kills it there, as well as not having the option for 3+ armor.

if you dont want BT, then go a second death rocket and apply that 40 points to your characters, giving you almost 400 to grab up 2-3 more.

Willmark:

Chaos Dwarf warrior units belong towards the middle of the army for several reasons to form the core of the army. Think of it as the base and all other units deploy from it.

Any slave unit needs to be on the flanks and near the general and obligatory Banner of Slavery. And usually a general is near the middle of the army to provide his leadership for as many units as possible.

lokigod:

Went with blorcs the models are just tooo sweet not too.

Xander:

I’d only run GW CDs for use as Immortals for Fluff reasons. BOs are better.