[Archive] What's with the dog skulls?

Vogon:

Apart from the fact it’s warhammer and skulls are everywhere dies anyone know the significance of the dog skulls on the Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarf stuff?

There is one on the standard bearer, a couple on the magma cannon and dreadquake mortar. They don’t look big enough to be skaven and they’re the approximate shape of a dog skull, I just can’t figure out why dog skulls would be used in a culture that reveres bulls.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

They could be wolf skulls? Lots of wolves in the Dark Lands.

Ghrask Dragh:

I thought they were more the size of rat skulls, would be alot of rats about in the dark lands… maybe?

Kera foehunter:

Maybe its Coyotes  they seam to be every where in the dark lands too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_e9dx8dkso&feature=related

Vogon:

They definitely look canine sized looking at the ones that are used as handles they look like they just fin nicely in the hand so it’d have to be a bloody big rat, but still the question is why?

I can’t think of any fluff reason for them being there in such significant positions.

Cheers

Vogon

Thommy H:

A warning to their Hobgoblin slaves? Just something macabre to stick on their gear?

Ghrask Dragh:

There is a rule which we used to talk about a lot on this site when there so many conversions flying about, it was about how to make things look more chaotic…

‘Just add skulls or spikes’

:slight_smile: maybe that’s all they thought of, let’s just add some random skulls :wink:

Kera foehunter:

Well eather way … rat or dog they are probably last night dinner

those crazy Hobgoblins