[Archive] Whats your favourite armies?

Deebo:

I was wondering about the tastes of armies for people on this forum, Judged on different values as its difficult sometimes to just pick a favourite because one army might work real good but another one just leaves you in fits of laughter each time you get it onto the battle field and so on.

What is your favourite army to use for pure fun value whether you win, lose or draw?

Secondly what is your favourite army to use because it is just kick ass and you like to use it when your getting into a serious game?

Thirdly whats your favourite looking army?, as in the look of the models themselves.

Lastly what army do you think has the best stories/fluff about it and you really like to read about them.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

well alot of questions there deebo

i’ve got to say O&G are the most fun for everyone i think

a large lizza army is allways good for killing but not in small battle

best looking druchii although i’ve said alot about the new one i’ve started to like the look of them alot

and best background i do like the undead background of nagash and how he brought half the world to there knee

Grish:

I love the Vampire Counts, except for the vampires. Most of the other models are really interesting and great, I just dislike the ideas of Vampires leading them. A Liche/Wight would fit my idea of undead better.

Love the zombies, the skeletons, the 6th edit. ghouls, the new feeling of an unending horde.

The Wraiths, Wights (both Grave Guard and Black Knights), Varghulf (just a beastly monster), Blood Knights, Spirit Hosts, and Corpse Cart.

Some things don’t thrill me, such as ranked up ghouls, the inability of zombies to win any kind of combat (WS2 and T3 would have gone a long way), Bat Swarms, Fell Bats, Dire Wolves, Black Coach, lvl 1 necromancers, and that Vampires lead the things. Vampires always struck me as being solitary.

WarplockMonkey:

Well…my fav army of all time is Lizardmen, just because it was my first, and not many people play them!

Also, it gives me a chance to make unqiue conversions/sculpts, because nobody does them!

Theres not much not to like about aload of big-ass lizards!

Kera foehunter:

Well dwarfs ,they are a fun tuff army (untill i get my c.d done)

second part S L A Y E R S orange hair maniac that don’t care about dieing!!! (untill they gave rules of how many you can field)

the unstopable long dronge pirates (well untill they change the rules)

so now on to the pirate chaos Dwarfs !!!

Deebo:

My favourite army for a laugh would probably be the skaven, it is so much fun to shoot into your own units and kill some of your own!

And warmachines are just a riot!

When I wanna get serious I like to pull out my Dwarfs led by High king Thorgrim for smashing time, they never fail me, always they put on a great fight for me and when things turn pear shaped, Thorgrim usually levels the odds back up for me!

The best looking army would have to be the Chaos Dwarfs, I am fanatical about those big hats! I love them! I have always had a secret thing for Top hats and these are evil top hats so they are evan cooler! They also have the best monsters, the Lammasu is my favourite monster of all time.

Finally for the best fluff… hmmm this is a real toss up, I am torn between the Stories of the Dwarfs, they are just chock-a-block full of character and the stories are always interesting and make me laugh alot of the times also. The other is the stories of the undead, not just vampires but the whole undead story and particularly the story of Nagash the Father of all things undead! What a crazy character he is, I was reallly hoping they would put him back into the games or into a campaign or write a book about him SOMETHING, ahh well atleast they have not killed him according to the fluff, he is just waiting and building strength to exact his revenge!!  Hmmm maybe I could start work on a Nagash campaign myself…

Arlon:

to make it simple chaos

theres nothing more fun than miscasting 7 times in one game ,with tzeentch, it really makes things interesting

if done right a khorne lord, can take an army by himself

and the minis are just magnificent

buy when it comes to fluff its a toss up between most of the “evil” armys

Willmark:

Chaos Dwarfs

High Elves

Chaos Dwarfs

I played the pointy ears for years. Now I am a committed Chaos Dwarfer! I love the CD list warts and all. The fluff is cool and teh models (the ones I have made or heavily converted) fit my concept of what CDs should be.

Merchant:

What is your favourite army to use for pure fun value whether you win, lose or draw?

Deebo
- Having played with a 500pts. army of Goblins :h :)
Secondly what is your favourite army to use because it is just kick ass and you like to use it when your getting into a serious game?

Deebo
- Playing a serious game... hmm my first serious game still have to be done, since every time I play a bigger game - my opponment always wanna stop...
Thirdly whats your favourite looking army?, as in the look of the models themselves.

Deebo
- Do it count if you convert themself? if not, It might be the Skaven.
Lastly what army do you think has the best stories/fluff about it and you really like to read about them.

Deebo
- Skaven.