[Archive] which is strongest army in 8th ed?

Alan the evil:

Hi all…

I’m wondering which in your opinion is the hardest army to play against.

I have results of all my matches played with CD and WoC in 8 ed.

(in order: WIN - DRAW - LOST)

empire 4-1-1

skaven 3-0-2

vampires 2-0-0

bretonnian 1-1-1

lizardmen 1-0-0

chaos dwarfs 1-0-0 :wink:

dark elves 0-1-0

high elves 0-1-0

beastmen 0-1-0

dwarfs 0-0-5 :o:o:o:o:o

you can figure out that in my opinion the hardest to defeat are our hated cousins…

and for you??

Baggronor:

Yeah, Dwarfs are quite hard now :wink: I mainly use the Dwarf list, as RH isn’t really an option where I play. Although I find it hard to see why they would be so good vs CDs; are you just being outshot? Playing against dirty Anvil gunlines?

I find Skaven are harsh; the combo of cheap troops, powerful toys and dirty magic is very good.

On a different note, I’ve been trying my VCs in 8th; while much of the army has been shelved until the next book, my Grave Guard are now amazing. Hitting on 2s (Banner of the Barrows, Helm of Commandment) when fighting in 3 ranks (30 GG ftw) is just outrageous.

nitroglysarine:

I’m guessing Empire are kinda harder to play with now :frowning:

Alan the evil:

maybe the problem with dwarfs is that my opponent always score 8/10 hits with organ gun and that 2 on 5 matches were tower scenary (it’s impossible vs dwars to conquer the tower). the point is that they have a lot of infantries with basic values hieher then our… so it’s difficult to have favorable combat phases

vs skaven I had a sorcerer with lore of fire and the standard of eternal fire for abominium; shoot vs fournace (it has no save) and I look for HtH combat vs screming bell.

And my sorcerer lord of death always destroy everything with signature spell. It’s a kind of coin flip: after turn 2 it’s easy to see who’s gonna win

vs empire when I stop steam tank with scroll caddy of metal with power scroll I have not many problem with either units.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

The strongest army is the Red Army…but in Warhammer, I like my chaos Dwarfs!

Tribun:

Definetly because of the new HTH-Combat rules WoC…excellent fighters, monsters, good mages and artillery!

Baggronor:

And my sorcerer lord of death always destroy everything with signature spell. It's a kind of coin flip: after turn 2 it's easy to see who's gonna win
Yeah, if you have Death vs Skaven, its a big help as their Ld is appalling.
I'm guessing Empire are kinda harder to play with now
I think they are about the same as before tbh; some dirty tricks, otherwise average. Tournament armies rarely look like an Empire army is supposed to though.