[Archive] White Dwarf #356

Willmark:

Well I was surprised with the first Issue that I have bought in over a year. The Battle Report between the Dark Elves and Orcs was pretty good, nice to see someone other then GW staffers playing in WD.

I have skimmed the Space Hulk BR but that looks pretty good too.

Who knows perhaps WD will start getting good again, but I’m not holding my breath.

Loki:

Its true the last one has been a good blend of warhammer and 40k lets hope they keep it up and do go back to one month of 40k and then one month of warhammer :slight_smile:

Henroth:

Well I was surprised with the first Issue that I have bought in over a year. The Battle Report between the Dark Elves and Orcs was pretty good, nice to see someone other then GW staffers playing in WD.

Willmark
Yes, but don't have Battle Report with Chaos Dwarfs vs Orcs, or Chaos Dwarfs vs Dark Elves. :|

SteveM:

That seems fairly likely for the short term as next month appears to be all about space puppies and November is bound to have some pages devoted to Skaven.

Baggronor:

I was amazed to see a battle report between 2 top tournament gamers, decent lists too. I actually bought it :o and didn’t feel robbed :o :o

Space Wolves /yawn. Get on with revamping Dark Eldar dammit, lets have someone who isn’t in power armour just for once.

SteveM:

I haven’t had a chance to thumb through the October issue at my FLGS, but I see now on the GW site that the November issue has Skaven artwork on the cover.  Not a lot of detail yet on how many Skaven articles will appear, but I’m sure it’ll be worth buying.

Auretious Taak:

Space Wolves /yawn. Get on with revamping Dark Eldar dammit, lets have someone who isn't in power armour just for once.

Baggronor
Current Rumours have Tyranids coming in next with the codex already written and going through final proofs et al now with an early 2010 release date. as far as I know, and it might have changed, Dark Eldar got pushed back to mi to end of 2010 or even early 2011. Annoying ain't it.

A Necron update would be nice too, I know it's in the works just can't remember when.

SteveM:

Today at Gamesday UK they announced Nids codex will be out in January.  If the October WD is 40K (space puppies), and the November issue is Skaven, I wonder if December will be WHFB or 40K since January need to have a Nid focus.  Regardless of the focus, I’ll only buy if I feel there is $9 USD of value inside, which is not likely to happen very often.

wallacer:

I’d happily buy any WD if they’d put a Space Hulk article in it like they used to (a proper article, as in a new mission or rules for regular marines).

Baggronor:

Nids codex will be out in January.
Again?! Why? They seem the same each time.
Dark Eldar got pushed back to mi to end of 2010 or even early 2011. Annoying ain't it.
Yup. Siiiiiiiigh...

Piccolo:

is the issue number correct? coz i have wd 356 and i dont see any battle report between orcs and dark elves:mad

Hashut’s Blessing:

Piccolo, where are you from? Unless it’s changed, the countries produce diffierent White Dwarfs, so the American ones have different content to the UK ones for example (but this may have changed).

Piccolo:

oh, I think i have the UK one :hat off

Willmark:

Nids codex will be out in January.
Again?! Why? They seem the same each time.
Dark Eldar got pushed back to mi to end of 2010 or even early 2011. Annoying ain't it.
Yup. Siiiiiiiigh...

Baggronor
Ahh you mean the Chaos Dwarfs of fantasy battle? ;)

Piccolo:

i just noticed that US WD#356 is UK WD#357 lol:cheers