[Archive] White Dwarf Recognition

Sobek:

Two questions.

1. Has anyone tried to submit CD conversion articles/tactica to White Dwarf?

2. If no, why not?

If we (the CD community) bombard White Dwarf with submissions, especially considering the high-quality of conversions seen on this sight and others, they might just publish one of these articles. Were looking for recognition and publicity, right? Being published in White Dwarf would be a fine first step, along with our efforts in the Nemesis Crown Campaign towards getting Chaos Dwarfs a new army book, models, etc… equal status with the other armies.

Grimstonefire:

If only I get focused enough I plan to finish off all my Dwarfs and a unit of chaos dwarfs and submit to GW. I’ll be taking a break from all the forums after the nemesis campaign, so I’ll get it done then.

metro_gnome:

Two questions.
1. Has anyone tried to submit CD conversion articles/tactica to White Dwarf?
2. If no, why not?

Sobek
you mean in the past decade?
yes... its been done...

cornixt:

I did, back in around 2002ish. Got a nice had written letter saying how much the WD team loved CDs but they weren’t going to be publishing any army lists for them in the near future. Got pretty much the same spiel from one of the WD team when I met him at a GW a few years later. It seems that they will only print stuff like that if it has been written by them. Gav was pretty open to them to write lists but there was no guarantee they’d be published (they had and they weren’t). The whole submission thing has closed up a lot since then.

Sobek:

I was actually thinking more of the conversions pieces than written fluff/lists, etc… I don’t see how publishing CD conversions would undermine GW’s iron-fisted control of their business. If I actually had any skill with conversions/painting/modeling I would attempt to send something in. I don’t though.

Another idea might be too underhandedly include evil stunties in another article. Maybe a painting article where one demonstrates some technique or strategy on a CD model?

Hashut’s Blessing:

The main thing is, it is a catalog and painting techniques magazine only now.And they just show the same techniques with few different models. I can’t express how much it… I’m not even sure what to say. It used to be great to see INTERESTING articles, but they haven’t published any of the material we pestered them with when they WERE posting good things, so I doubt that they will now.

AGPO:

The fact is GW won’t print anything in white dwarf to do with chaos dwarfs until they decide what they’re going to do with them. I spoke to one of the white dwarf team about this. Apparently there was such a fuss kicked up when they featured them in a campaign they were reporting they got loads of stuff a) from those asking whether this signalled an imenant re-release, b) From newer people asking who were these chaos stunties anyway and c) from irritated gamers asking why they featured the chaos dwarfs if they werent going to support them properly. Therefore, much as they like chaos dwarfs, they’re not appearing in WD any time soon, accept as a cool background thread like Cathay or the Norse Dwarfs

Nazhur:

Sounds like you are correct AGPO, that what I thought that WD stand also on this issue.

cornixt:

Tim Colonna was writing an article on converting the models but it was never completed due to lack of interest from everyone else. Maybe the current burst of energy in the CD community could get one done this time.

Nazhur:

Anyone got a link to what he had written so far?