[Archive] who want to be an elf

Baggronor:

Personally I find it pretty depressing that people on here are so quick to slag these ‘elf wannabes’ off for doing unusual things. Its not like playing with toy soldiers is particularly mature, or even acceptable to many.

I agree its irresponsible and foolish to post unsafe instructions on self surgery,

but if someone wants to look like an elf, they should be allowed to want it without being called horrible, stupid or dumb.

Anyone who tries cutting themselves up with instructions off the internet is, of course, a moron, regardless of wanting to be an elf or not. Its called Natural Selection. But a little more tolerance concerning other people’s interests wouldn’t go amiss guys, because from the point of view of many people we are not so different to them. Few things depress me more than 1 group of geeks slagging off another.

two_heads_talking:

Acutally, Baggronar, I’m slagging on anyone who disrespects their body in any manner. Whether it be a cutter, a modifier, a drug abuser or alchohol abuser. So, I’m not coming at it from a Geek angle, but rather a health angle.

Either way, I see it completely different I suppose.

Perturabo:

It is the self surgery aspect I have a problem with. Each to their own as I said. There’s just got to be a better way of looking like an Elf than hacking open your own ears.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I hate any self harm

But Baggronor think theres nothing wrong with playing with toy soldiers but cuttin half your ear off is just to far

Baggronor:

but cuttin half your ear off is just to far
I'm slagging on anyone who disrespects their body in any manner.
I was not trying to say cutting off bits of your own ear is a good idea, just that I feel this thread is overly abusive towards something that is someone else's business. If they are sure they want their ears altered, they should go to a surgeon or body-modifier or whatever it is, pay for it and have it done. Why do you care if they want pointy ears? Its their body. You class it as self harm, but I'm sure they don't.

two_heads_talking:

but cuttin half your ear off is just to far
I'm slagging on anyone who disrespects their body in any manner.
I was not trying to say cutting off bits of your own ear is a good idea, just that I feel this thread is overly abusive towards something that is someone else's business. If they are sure they want their ears altered, they should go to a surgeon or body-modifier or whatever it is, pay for it and have it done. Why do you care if they want pointy ears? Its their body. You class it as self harm, but I'm sure they don't.

Baggronor
It's a public forum, you've got to understand that everyone has differing opinions on what's right and wrong and they are going to post up. I don't care if they want pointy ears or pointy shoes, I'm just posting up my opinion for others to see. They can agree or disagree, but telling us that we shouldn't voice our opinion of what someone does is just as restrictive as what you suggest we are doing...

snowblizz:

Baggronor
Quite frankly, you cannot compare inflicting bodily harm to playing with toysoldiers. You can after all quit toysoldiers without any permanent effect, quite different when you've mutilated your body.

Yeah, so I'm not all "gee people should be able to do anything", because people are too stupid to allow them to make all of their own choices. That's the reason there are traffic laws after all. And laws against drugs. And age limits on drinking, smoking, getting married, sex... etc etc

Cutting up your body isn't being a geek it is being *bliiiip*ing stupid.

Kera foehunter:

im pist off that a girl did it !!!that more like a guy darething to do

Baggronor:

Quite frankly, you cannot compare inflicting bodily harm to playing with toysoldiers. You can after all quit toysoldiers without any permanent effect, quite different when you've mutilated your body.
I was not comparing bodily harm to toy soldiers, rather these elf wannabes geekiness to our own geekiness, as we are also often on the receiving end of disparaging comments.
They can agree or disagree, but telling us that we shouldn't voice our opinion of what someone does is just as restrictive as what you suggest we are doing...
I would never say you can't voice your opinion, I was simply suggesting that maybe a full page of abusing these people was enough. Just because you have an opinion of someone else, does not mean you necessarily have to express it, particularly if it is a negative one.
Perhaps I am just disappointed, I have rather high opinions of this forum.

X-Porter:

On the plus side, the Sexy Cosplay Gallery was pretty good…

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Oh yeah I would want to be an elf!

… when crazed pink baboons rule the world which has gone up in flames and is now a pit of death and disaster and there is not ANY other option but to become an elf to survive the attack of the pink baboons.

two_heads_talking:

They can agree or disagree, but telling us that we shouldn't voice our opinion of what someone does is just as restrictive as what you suggest we are doing...
I would never say you can't voice your opinion, I was simply suggesting that maybe a full page of abusing these people was enough. Just because you have an opinion of someone else, does not mean you necessarily have to express it, particularly if it is a negative one.
Perhaps I am just disappointed, I have rather high opinions of this forum.

Baggronor
well, I suppose I could bite my tongue, but what fun would that be?
after all, I'm sure the OP didn't expect us all to be accepting of it...

besides if all we did was express positive opinions, particularly if we don't agree, then what would be the purpose of opinions.. It's like allowing there to be no losers in a game.. sometimes, negative feedback is just as good as positive.

Kera foehunter:

Hrothgar !! i was working on the whole pink Baboon world take over !!!

two_heads_talking:

Oh yeah I would want to be an elf!

... when crazed pink baboons rule the world which has gone up in flames and is now a pit of death and disaster and there is not ANY other option but to become an elf to survive the attack of the pink baboons.

Hrothgar Goldgreed
I thought a shotgun was the only option to surviving pink babboons.. I thought it was elfs that were the only option to survive gremlins.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’d like to point out, I have nothing wrong with her doing it. In fact, once healed, it looks quite cool. I wouldn’t recommend it to people because it can cause problems.

However, I am aware she didn;t do it herself (as I read through ALL the comments on that thread), but I’m appalled they put instructions for DIYing it on the web…

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Baggronor
I not trying to throw hate posts to Baggronor but I wouldn't mind if a perfecionally did it but because she did by her self and put the process up on her website is just wrong

(rant over!) :hat off

Kera foehunter:

well maybe we can cross breed pink baboons with elves

Hashut’s Blessing:

Godbob, she did get it done proffessionally. The website owner put those instructions up.

Swissdictator:

Well in the sue happy world of today, I wouldn’t put up how-to instructions… I could see how that could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I’m not a fan of it personally.

I’ve always been in the mindset of a balancing act, there’s a difference between a piercing/tattoo or few… and going overboard. Where that line is for people, varies. For me, I’m choosing to not get either.

Sojourn:

oh why not bring this post back a bit.

I’d be an elf… oh wait, I was! see the Halloween pics. Granted, I’d never modify my ears. I have a hard enough time listening to people as it is. shudder also, yah, gew.