[Archive] Why is this going for so much?

Pyro Stick:

I have never seen this model before but i know that its obviously and old model, probably 3rd edition or before. Right now its going for �21 on ebay. Thats about the same as the Marauder Mage goes for. Can anyone tell me anyting about this model.

torn:

ive never seen it before, if it belongs to citadel miniatures then it is before they brought out those red and blue catalogues because its not in them.

just curious what is it listed as?

Pyro Stick:

Its listed as Chaos Dwarf Crossbowman figure. I was going to bid on it beofre it was so expensive but i forgot and i only just remembered about it now but it had gone up so much i never bothered

Uzkul Werit:

It could be like that metal Big Hat with the Double Handed Axe. It was made and then, for some reason or other never really sold.

But then again some models like this do go for quite a bit.

wallacer:

He’s one of the old Marauder miniatures range of Chaos Dwarfs.

I have him at home (although he came without his crossbow so I had to convert one for him).

clam:

Yes, Wallacer is right. It’s a Marauder fig. It’s the crossbow guy in the MM90/5 box - referred to as “/5b”. And that also explains the price - I think.

Those Marauders are very rare these days. If you got hold on WD 117 you would find the MM90-series - but I belive it’s the same as you see here at Stuff of Legend. But you would find a better pic. at Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki

wallacer:

Thanks, Clam.

I was too lazy to find the link :rolleyes:

Willmark:

Thanks, Clam.
I was too lazy to find the link :rolleyes:

wallacer
Seriously you slacker! ;)

Pyro Stick:

Bidding ended at �22. Thats quite a lot, about the same as the mage.