[Archive] Why wait for Forge World Destroyer?

Animatone:

Just saw this model and thought it looked real promising as far as a cool K’daai destroyer conversion.

Only problem is it’s $150!

Either way still think it looks cool, you’d just have to chaos it up a little bit.

Animatone:

There’s also a more hand to hand oriented variant of this dwarf golem model.

bas_2312:

Really like it, only problem is the price… Too bad.

Jake:

Where is it from?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Animatone:

Confrontation

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

CopperPot:

Looks huge, I like it.

Kera foehunter:

i see someone else seen these at cool or nor minni…

yea like most stuff its a liilte high price

gIL^:

Why wait for Forge World Destroyer? Because there’s a reason it’s taking so long, They want it perfect.

maxxev:

I prefer this idea myself… plus it’s only around £13 :).

It’s a “warriors of the zodiak” tourus incase you are interested (also none of the above are mine).

French_noodle:

The dwarf Golem from CMoN is nice, but seems pretty small.

Some more pics are one the web, one with a dwarf near it, and it doesn’t seem to be huge enough, in my opinion.

So for such a price, it is definitely a shame.

French_noodle:

By looking at the dwarf on the top of the machine or the warlock, i’m afraid the price doesn’t represent well the size of the thing.

Would be a bit lonely on a 100x150 base i think…

Definitely not worth the price, in my opinion

CopperPot:

Not as big as I thought looks like it belongs in Warmachine.

Animatone:

I still think it would be so cool to see a chaos dwarf engineer popping out of the top of that thing with fire blazing from the fist of the machine.

Still the price is just flat out wrong!

RichardC1967:

Just saw this model and thought it looked real promising as far as a cool K'daai destroyer conversion.

Only problem is it's $150!

Either way still think it looks cool, you'd just have to chaos it up a little bit.

Animatone
It doesn't look scarey enough, i.e. no terror causing factor..I myself also have one of the the McFarlane "Warriors of the Zodiac" Taurus models like maxxev posted..

Da Crusha:

Here is a whole bunch of robot destroyer ideas.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10603

its funny I did all the research for a robotic one and instead went for a big deamon model.

Abecedar:

I’m afraid neither of them take my fancy as a destroyer. Cool mini’s … yes, I like them for what they are. But ones too much of a robot and the others too much of daemon. Depends on the armies theme for them to fit in I guess.

I’ve always viewed the fire-born as a throwaway construct sent out on a suicide charge, so why would a 'smith embellish something like that real fancy. (that’s probably why mine look so sh…t).

Wolf :

I really like the fact I looks a little similar to the hellboy golden army, I’ve checked the website and it’s now $65.00.

I’m still concerned over the size, unfortunately it’s too big for a K’daai Fireborn oh and the price.

http://www.cadwallon.com/new/shop/rackham-confrontation

Link to website.

Zanko:

Thanx for the link! :hat off

I’m really thinking of buying one of them - must meditate about it! :~

:hashut

kekenda:

I heard from guys from my gaming comunity that some stuff from that site are knock-offs.

Wolf :

Looking at the model, I was thinking it might be a good filler unit in my infernal guard units, then I can get the two gf them.

Does anyone know what size based these would go on?