[Archive] Wiki SQL Glitch Fixed

Xander:

If you have been using the Wiki you will have noticed that whenever you update a page, or search for a page that does not exist, an error would come up even though the update still took place.

I did a bit of poking around and it seems a specific SQL table was in need of a repair. I ran the repair function on it, and now all is well! ([[Not a page!]]) Hehe, it works! :hat off Also, Thumbnails are now working as well so we can load in images and we won’t have to use their maximum size, which is great.

Regards,
-Xander

Ellimist:

Thank you! :hat off When I was trying to edit yesterday I kept on getting these errors. While sometimes it would update, it took several tries each time Glad to see it’s fixed.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I got the SQL error page, but it had always worked. Still, glad to know it’s fixed, thanks Mr. Xander!

Xander:

Ya, it was working for me despite the error page. But now that error page is gone. :slight_smile:

The Wiki is really a great tool for new players and it’s going quite well, so kudos to all the contributors!

Traitor King:

Just out of interest, how to you go about starting a wiki?

Do Wikimedia just have somewhere where you can make your own?

Xander:

You need your own web space. Then you download the install files onto your computer and upload them to your server. I already had web space, that’s why I started up this site. It works very much the same way as a forum. It’s a software package you download, then install onto your online web server.

:hat off

Traitor King:

Interesting.

TBH, the only sites I’ve made have been free domains tacky sites and an invisonfree one.

Cheers though, its interesting to know.

The Flying Beaver:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

This is excellent news! Trying to create a page was hell with that glitch, I’m glad to see it fixed. Thanks a ton Xander.