[Archive] Wingless Lammasu

GeofreyShank:

I’m not sure if any of you guys have backed the Dwarf Gladiators Kickstarter but I can’t remember seeing this anywhere here before.

The kickstarter features both regular dwarfs as gladiators and some Persian-esque Dawi Zharr as the villians of the set running the arena.

They have just shown the first greens of their Shadu/Shedu/Parthian Bull/Lammasu.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/607885648/dwarf-gladiators-finely-sculpted-28mm-resin-miniat/posts

Their version lacks wings but the rest is there.

What are your thoughts?

Personally I’m unsure about the head.

RichardC1967:

here come the GW lawyers…

Animatone:

Come on Richard… With out GW lawyers where would we be right now?

Oh that’s right… we’d have a kick butt Lamassu, I mean Manticore with alternate head, I mean Sedu, I mean Shadu, I mean… ??? I think I’ve already confused myself.

But once again thank God SPACE MARINES are safe now!

Da Crusha:

I like the body but Im not a fan of the head.

Grimstonefire:

What would GW be suing them for, bad sculpting!? :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, couldn’t resist. The bull part is decent but the head is poor.

RichardC1967:

well you never know with GW…they seem to hold the copyright on every word in the English language, and maybe even some foreign ones

cornixt:

Looks like a pretty typical historical lammasu so far, except very muscley and wingless. Are those muscles anatomically correct? They look really weird.

Overall it is okay, not bad but not awful.

Kera foehunter:

I like it A lot…

G W doesn’t own the copy right for low prices YEA IN YOUR FACE