[Archive] WIP Bull Centaur(1)

Ogrob:

Hello, new guy here. I used to play Dwarves, but that was a couple years ago. In fact, I haven’t played Warhammer at all since 7th edition, but after a sting with War of the Ring, I decided it was time to get back into Warhammer, with the army I always wanted. Since I’m posting here, I bet you can figure out which one that was.

Anyway, after a night’s work, here’s some WIP pictures of my first test model:

So what do you think? There’s still a lot to be corrected in the painting, but I didn’t get around to taking unpainted pictures.

Loki:

Welcome to the site Ogrob good to have to have you with us :slight_smile: good conversion work on the pony to turn him in to a bull centaur, the beard is well done as well as the flames on top of the hat. I like the paint job on the lantern where you have done the lighting effects on the open hatch.

As your using the push pin idea for big hats hat i would say check out Tjub’s army blog as he really is the king of this look and style and his armies is one of the best on the site, his army blog can be found her https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5854

look forward to seeing more soon :slight_smile:

Ogrob:

Thanks for the kind words. I’ve indeed been following Tjub’s blog for some time. Unfortunately, I’m nowhere near as talented :stuck_out_tongue:

After taking the pictures, I realised I should’ve turned the pin upside down, but that’s too late now. After some consideration, I also decided to add tusks to both of them.

tjub:

Hehe, thanks for all the complimets… :stuck_out_tongue: :hat off

Nice to see that someone used my tips and ideas! Good looking conversions so far, looking forwards to see more of them.

Where in sweden do you live?

Kera foehunter:

that is great love the lantern idea

Loki:

The little tusks look great, are they gs or something else ?

Ogrob:

The little tusks look great, are they gs or something else ?

Loki
I use ProCreate for my sculpting. It's fiddly as hell, because it's not as sticky as GS, but as long as it doesn't get too wet, I prefer it over GS.

Tjub: I live in Gothenburg ;)

Loki:

Thanks :), i find grren stuff way to sticky as soon as i have done some deatil it ends up sticking to my finger and i pull it off :~

Ogrob:

Tomorrow I’m heading north to visit my parents for two weeks and pick up a bunch of bits. When I get back, CD work will continue, and I’ll probably start a project log.

I’m looking to get back into playing, and hope to enter the heavily comp-scored GothCon tournament next Easter, but there will be a lot of converting before I get there.