[Archive] WOC Manticore

RichardC1967:

just need to finish the rider now

yea I know…mold lines…

Animatone:

Solid work… Would definitely like to see the rider when you’re done.

Mad Dave:

Looks really nice, i’ve completed mine a month or go or so but i kept it to a really simple Scorch brown body Bestial Brown for the chest and red gore with blood red dry brush on the furs and main.

What faction of chaos is it going to and are you doing a warrior lord or sorc to ride it.

Skink:

Hey nice one! Solid paintjob. Maybe you can break the huge skin surface with a slightly different pattern? Dunno, lighter fur on the belly, leopard-tiger stripes on the back? Otherwise excellent :cheers

EDIT: Is the model dipped? If yes did you use Army Painter?

RichardC1967:

What faction of chaos is it going to and are you doing a warrior lord or sorc to ride it.

Mad Dave
I'm not a proffesional painter and have minimal patience, so I try to keep my paint jobs simple enough to look ok on the gaming table,(I hate playing with unpainted miniatures,besides my eyesight aint what it used to be also)..my main Faction is Khorne heavy(so my Khorne Warlord will be riding it, its a waste of points for a Sorcerer as a mount because a Manticore shines better in close combat), but I also mix in a bit of Nurgle and Tzeentch(LVL 4 Sorcerer on Disk),Not sure if you've seen my converted War Mammoth for my marauders,I have about 15,000 points of WOC and now I'm working on about 5000 points of CD's. I don't think I'll ever get done painting these things..
Hey nice one! Solid paintjob. Maybe you can break the huge skin surface with a slightly different pattern? Dunno, lighter fur on the belly, leopard-tiger stripes on the back? Otherwise excellent :cheers

EDIT: Is the model dipped? If yes did you use Army Painter?

Skink
no, not dipped..strictly base coated and dry-brushed..I'm just now discovering the dipping /ink wash/flesh wash process.