[Archive] Wolf riders in indy book

Alan the evil:

hi all.

I’m doing a 2250 indy CD army and I want to have 2 unit of 5 wolfriders in it.

I can spent up to 17 pts for each model… bit what can I buy?

I think this three option:

1- 3 demon’s eyes, shield and spears. Ld 8, 4+AS and S4 on charge

2- 3 demon’s eyes and bows. Ld 8 and 5 missiles each turn.

3- 2 demon’s eyes, bows and spears. Ld 7, S4 on charge and 5 missiles each turn.

Which is your favorite?

Or doyou have different ideas?

If tyou have, please post them, I willbe very glad toknow your opinions.

Bolg:

In the 6th edition I used to play a mainly cavalry Orc and Gobbo army. it included 2 units of 12 wolfboys with spears shields and light armour, and one unit of 6 wolfboys with shortbows. I loved that unit, you cant expect to much from it, but sometimes they shot something, and they still had a charge range of 18 inc great for attacking warmachines (and not killing the dam thing but just keeping it up) or march blocking. the unit it really expensive but remember movement 9 is something you can really use in a mainly M3 army. (flack charge+over run 3D6). I dont know how that unit translates to the Indy list so I didnt vote, but I say yes do take the unit (with at least a musician).

hope this helps.

Thorwick:

I thought you couldn’t have more than one daemon’s eye, otherwise they could have a very high leadership.
But I prefer daemon eyes, bows and spears. Because the daemon’s eye gives then extra leadership for rallying after fleeing, the bows let them harass the enemy while they march block and the spear give them decent flanking potential (but personally I prefer to keep them cheaper so they are expendable).

Da Crusha:

hi all.

I'm doing a 2250 indy CD army and I want to have 2 unit of 5 wolfriders in it.
I can spent up to 17 pts for each model...  bit what can I buy?

I think this three option:

1- 3 demon's eyes, shield and spears. Ld 8, 4+AS and S4 on charge
2- 3 demon's eyes and bows. Ld 8 and 5 missiles each turn.
3- 2 demon's eyes, bows and spears. Ld 7, S4 on charge and 5 missiles each turn.

Which is your favorite?
Or doyou have different ideas?
If tyou have, please post them, I willbe very glad toknow your opinions.

Alan the evil
actually I believe that you have to pay the deamon eye cost per model for the entire unit (like equipment) and only recieve +1 leadership to the whole unit regardless of how many models are in the unit.

Gar Shadowfame:

actually I believe that you have to pay the deamon eye cost per model for the entire unit (like equipment) and only recieve +1 leadership to the whole unit regardless of how many models are in the unit.
Totaly correct, you have to pay for demon eyes for each moel in a unit and u get +1ld for doing so, no other alternatives in this matter,

As to wolfriders, fast calvary thats not DE is used as charge benders dont but anything aside musican.

Else you will waste points.