[Archive] wolf riders

Kera foehunter:

where would the hobogoblins get the wolves!! since they live in the same area we do !! and it a vast land of volcanos and lava

would they do raids on there goblin foes!!

Thommy H:

The Dark Lands isn’t completely volcanic - most of it is barren steppes and windswept moors. Wolves live there, as they do in desolate regions (like tundra) in our own world.

Willmark:

Yeah what Thommy said.

Thommy H:

Also, part of the Dark Lands is called “The Wolf Lands”, so I’m guessing some wolves live there.

Kera foehunter:

so what do these wolfs eat in so called wolf land !

i hope not nasty goblin !! do they have large beast that packs of wolves can take down!!!

Thommy H:

I would imagine there are herbivores in the Dark Lands. Something not dissimilar to a yak, or maybe some sort of small, hardy pony.

Swissdictator:

I’m thinking of using Chaos Hounds (new ones) with my wolf Riders instead of those old ones, would that look cool?

Ancient History:

Could be worse.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

They could of brought them from the Badlands?

I’d supect they’d be more numourus there :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

If they brought them from anywhere, it would be the eastern steppes, where there’s an entire nation of wolf-riding Hobgoblins.

But they didn’t - they live in the Dark Lands.

Kera foehunter:

• kera thinks *  wolves are smarter than most humans!! how can dumb hobgoblin and dummer goblin control wolves !!!

minty:

simple. you sit on it and kick it in the side, then kick it again to make it stop, same way as horses, people rode wolves in the oast as well, before they started getting smaller…stupid wolves.

PS: wolves have sharp instincts but there not much on the thinking side

Auretious Taak:

If they brought them from anywhere, it would be the eastern steppes, where there's an entire nation of wolf-riding Hobgoblins.

Thommy H
And the Nation of Hobgoblins and Their Wolf Mounts take up an area vastly superior in size to the Old World as well If memory serves, millions upon millions was the quote I remember from somewhere.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

That’s what makes it “Fantasy”! :smiley:

Thommy H:

* kera thinks *  wolves are smarter than most humans!! how can dumb hobgoblin and dummer goblin control wolves !!!!!!!!!

Kera foehunter
How are wolves smarter than humans? I don't see any wolves building cities, writing symphonies or formulating the Special Theory of Relativity.

Willmark:

Of course it could be argued were not as smart as we like to think. :wink:

Auretious Taak:

Of course it could be argued were not as smart as we like to think. ;)

Willmark
It could but then we'd bring in the academia and the behaviouralists and evolutionary biologists and no one wants to see you cry now do they?:hat off

Thommy H:

Willmark
We're still smarter than wolves though ;)

Auretious Taak:

Willmark
We're still smarter than wolves though ;)

Thommy H
Based on what?

I want to see paper references damn it!

Grimstonefire:

A wolf could probably throw better dice than me… :D  A hobgoblin definately could, double 6 every time!!!  :idea  Hang on a minute… :~

I’m guessing most HG wolf riders would bring their wolves with them if they originally came from the Steppes.  Though only the toughest would survive.  The rest could be captured/ reared from wolf lands ones.  Much more accustomed to the dark lands environment.

I presume they would eat orcs, goblins and skaven?  Also the dozens of other creatures that would inhabit the dark lands. Maybe the occasional merchant.