[Archive] Working on first list. >2000 Point army

Pyro Stick:

This is the list im working on at the moment. I think its a bit over 2000 points but i havent added it up yet and i havent thought of magic items. Ill update it later. I just wanted to write it down so i could look at it and get opinions on it.

Lords

Sorceror on Lamasu

Lord on Great Taurus

Heroes

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Chaos Dwarf Battle Standard

Core

25 Chaos Dwarf Warriors inc. command

15 Blunderbuss

15 Blunderbuss

12 Hobgoblin Warriors inc. command

Special

Death Rocket

Death Rocket

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Rare

Earthshaker

10 Bull centaurs inc. standard

Xander:

Wow, that is a lot of fire power. Hope you’ll be able to get in more than one game. :stuck_out_tongue:

metro_gnome:

well its one lord or the other… Taurus FTW!

Pyro Stick:

metro_gnome you practically wrote this list for me on HoH and we allready had this argument about the Lammasu and the Taurus :slight_smile:

metro_gnome:

sorry bye… poppy’s getting olde…
don’t remeber thing like i used to…

still… i cant imagine an argument about the taurus vs. the lammansu…
it would be an entirely one-sided argument…

Lepreh Khan:

Well… you can only have 1 Lord in a 2k list, so I would go with the Taurus personally. No question about it in my mind.

There really isn’t a lot that’s fighting on the table… you’re relying completely on your artillery to decimate the enemy. The only thing your opponent has to do is get a fast cav or flying unit into your artillery and you won’t have much of a chance. I know you’re thinking “my earthshaker will slow them down.” But then you’ve wasted the earthshaker slowing down 1 unit while the rest of their army advances.

Drop the command on the hobgoblins and boost them up to 15 at least.

Too many Death Rockets. In all honesty, 1 death rocket is too many… :slight_smile: I still use 1 though, just because I like the conversion that I did of it and on it’s first game it landed smack dab into a group of stormvermin with the Skaven General and they ran off the table along with most of the army… best 80 points ever invested. :slight_smile:

-Lepreh Khan

Pyro Stick:

I can see what you’re saying. DO you think is hould get another unit of Warriors if i drop a death rocket?