[Archive] Would you buy this Animated Dwarf Statue?

Yodrin:

He will be a unit filler or prophet on my soon to buy carpet;)

Admiral:

@Fuggit Khan: Noted! Thank you. :slight_smile:

@Yodrin: Wow, that must be a heavy duty flying carpet! :wink:

Yodrin:

@Yodrin: Wow, that must be a heavy duty flying carpet! ;)

Admiral
Yea, its my carpet for my living room ;). I say go big or go home.. ;);)

Roark:

Oh hell yeah… I’ll probably get two.

I think I’ll put him on an obsidian peak.

Miasma:

You know just when I am looking for a couple of Big Hats to use as Status I find this, I would definitely purchase a couple

Zanthrax:

He looks great - well done on keeping the big hats alive no matter what the end times (bro) says (apologies to the black sun podcast)

Geist:

First off it is a very good piece of sculpting, the artist knows his or her way around green stuff to a level far above most here.  It’s obvious in the attetion to detial.  Also I am sure getting the nose just right like that was a pain in the Watermellon! Such simple things like a large bulbous nose that fits right is very hard to do, and often appears clunky over sized or too sharp edged IE it’s a simple thing that’s actual really hard to do.

Secondly, it is far too large for 28mm models.  The pose of the arms is too stiff, also kinda of off the entire out spread arm look just isn’t right.  If the status is coming to life it needs some type of motion showing that it’s moving about from a long torpor.  Which I totally get is part of the idea with the hobgoblin in his grasp.  But then fails with the other arm all the way back out.

In short modeling wise a applepie ton of skill by a very talented person, but the pose needs help.

Price wise, would I buy one?  No.  Why?  I like the new CD sculpts more, ie I like the style better than the old ones.  Cost, the only method I have ever found that works is.
What is your time worth to you X hours invested in project / by two.
So for me for example if I did a paint job I would charge 10 an hour ( I am really cheap) times how ever many hours (one in this example) divide by two.  Giving $5 US. For a paint job of one model done to good table top.  But this is my method for paint and not his nor is it for crating a model.  So numbers should flex a lot.

Good luck with it and let’s see some more dynamic poses.

Admiral:

@Yodrin: Haha. :smiley:

@Roark & Miasma: Nice! Noted. Will keep you updated on progress, which is expected to happen now in May.

@Zanthrax: Thank you!

@Geist: Thanks! Haha, no, the nose was simple. Details and faces are pretty quick, fun and simple to sculpt, while things like pose, scale, proportions and symmetry are way off my radar. Maybe those can improve through practice, but don’t expect miracles on that front in the short run. :slight_smile:

Miasma:

Any news on the progress of these?

Admiral:

Mouldmaking will happen by the end of this month, as things look now. I’ve got no idea what time frame we should expect it to take between mouldmaking and arrival of casts, but I believe a sound guess would be a matter of weeks.

Miasma:

Thanks for the update will put aside some fund so I don’t waste them on other shiny things

Roark:

Thanks Admineral!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Admiral:

Delayed, but finally here.