[Archive] Wow, 800 Posts!

Xander:

I’ll use this like a mini blog so people can take a peak into what I am doing at the moment!

After my 5 weeks at GW, I landed a new job paying almost double. I am now working at Laborie Medical Technologies and a Technical Service Rep. Which basically means I have been training for two weeks, learning the software and hardware the company sells. Then I will be answering phones to trouble shoot customer problems.

My job allows for downtime between calls where we are encouraged to “destress” ourselves from some of the more aggrivated customers. Hence I can check the Forums from time to time during the day. My hours are basically 8:30am-5pm, which is way better than GW retail hours. This means I will have more time for Hobby work!

I have been making a gaming board to match my Chaos Dwarf’s bases, which is brown earth and green grass based. As I have said before, I am trying on purpose to match the GW standard.

I am also busy with my girlfriend, spending time away at University has been tough on our relationship, so I am working hard to improve things on that front. Anyone with any experience here can probably simpathize. :stuck_out_tongue:

I botched the Poll today for GH#2, I shouldn’t have made the poll this early, and I missed some people! Whoops! At least this gives me tonight to try and finish my own entry! But I am seeing great stuff so far! Well done.

As for my own Chaos Dwarf Army, I am in the midst of painting my Warrior unit, which should be done soon. Then I will move on to painting a Hero and finishing converting my second Warrior unit and some more Hobgoblins with possibly a video for that.

The forum is experiencing good growth and our Warvault representation is excellent. With Nemesis I am hoping we can spread the word about Chaos Dwarfs a little more! Just talk to people, explain why you like them and get the word out that CD players are here to stay! Website wise I am going to make some articles with more detailed guides for converting, and I am also going to showcase some armies like Snotling’s, Kytes, and Bjorni’s.

So I’ve got lots on my plate! (Including my brother’s wedding, which is July 14th) But I am looking forward to it all! I’ve really had a blast with this website so far, and things are looking great for the future! Thanks to everyone for their interest and support!

If you are looking for something to do, check out the Wiki and add material and background that you know, and try to include citations to the refrences you are paraphrasing. Also you can upload pictures to the Wiki! Check the “Code Refrence” link in the Wiki sidebar. Some of our pages are in need of pictures!

That’s it for now! Back to work for me! If you have any suggestions or comments for the direction of the site, the campaign, the wiki, don’t hesitate to let your opinion be known! I am quite flexible and encourage member participation in anything and everything!

Cheers to all Chaos Dwarf Generals! :cheers

-Xander

torn:

After my 5 weeks at GW, I landed a new job paying almost double. I am now working at Laborie Medical Technologies and a Technical Service Rep. Which basically means I have been training for two weeks, learning the software and hardware the company sells. Then I will be answering phones to trouble shoot customer problems.

Xander
oh no not technical support calls. I used to do that for virgin internet wouldnt say it was the worst job i ever had but i soon got sick of telling people the same things 40 hours a week. Hope yours is a bit more promising.
I am also busy with my girlfriend, spending time away at University has been tough on our relationship, so I am working hard to improve things on that front. Anyone with any experience here can probably simpathize. :P

Xander
Yeah is tough i only see mine about once every 2-3 weeks since we stopped living together for work reasons. Now some 4 hours away from each other so when she visits no way am i allowed to paint my models! lol. My sympathies given :p

and good luck with those troops![/quote]

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Yeah is tough i only see mine about once every 2-3 weeks since we stopped living together for work reasons. Now some 4 hours away from each other so when she visits no way am i allowed to paint my models! lol. My sympathies given :p

and good luck with those troops!

torn
Gee, mate how do you cope with that?

My girlfriend has decided to move to Vienna to finish the last two years of her studies there. Until now we saw each other at least every weekend, but from now on she's going to be some 7 hours away from me for the next two years. And I quite frankly don't believe she's coming back immediately after that.

It seems to be a curse happening to all of us - could it have something to do with our commitment to the Dark Father, I wonder...?

hal:

Congrats on the job Xander, we all appreciate what you’re doing with this site and know how much of your time it takes up.

Have a pint on me :cheers

Xander:

The Job is great because they only hire Technical Support Staff with a background in computers. The idea is that they bring in people at the support level, train then with the hardware and software, then those people have growth potential into the R&D side of the company. So far I am really liking it, and it’s a big step up from Retail. I even get my own laptop. The other workers are cool people, and it’s a very nice working environment.

My GF and I were seeing each other only once a month, for a weekend at a time, if that…

Tonight I am free, and I will be doing Chaos Dwarf related things all night! Woo!

Traitor King:

yea!

go Xander!

nice work on the site, we’re going strong. you’ve set up a great site and i predict it will continue to grow, and continue becomeing better.

I am also busy with my girlfriend
too much detail! :wink:

(coulnt resist, sorry :P)

good luck with everthing Hashut!

(and well everything else!)

i would say cheers and put up the cheers emote but i forgot the shortcut. my bad…

cornixt:

It seems to be a curse happening to all of us - could it have something to do with our commitment to the Dark Father, I wonder...?

Ishkur Cinderhat
Happened to me a few years back. We've been married for 5 years now so it wasn't pointless.

AGPO:

I sympathise Xander, my GF and I are off to different unis fairly soon, at the moment we see each other every weekend, but it’ll be more like once a month fairly soon.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well gentlemen, with all our girlfriends away during most of the month, we have no excuses anymore for not making huge progress with our armies! :slight_smile:

torn:

Well gentlemen, with all our girlfriends away during most of the month, we have no excuses anymore for not making huge progress with our armies! :)

Ishkur Cinderhat
Very very good point!

Worst thing about it, the phone bill costs cut into your modeling budget!

Your lucky they hire ready trained people. IN my place there was like 5 of us who knew what we were doing, trying to control 50 idiots off the street who had no idea. Its easy to see why virgin media went bust . . .

Hashut’s Blessing:

I need a new job (only been looking for 8 months!). Girlfriend and I sneak a few hours together here and there because her parents are making her do all the housewrok go to her mum’s work and try to find her own job. So, I don’t get to see her properly, but sneak as much time as possible (she’s just finished secondary school, btw). Glad to hear that you’ve got the time to work things out though, Mr. Xander. Thanks for the excellent website! Hope things keep going upwards for you! (Well, for everyone actually…)

Nazhur:

Yes, as the other guys has said this is a great site and you can really see that the people here and you mr Xander is really commitet and have fun. THat what its all about. Hope it wworks out with your gf, with mine it just went great and we are now married since three years back :slight_smile: So the curse of our dark father don�t need to be so bad. Of course I only got into this army for a month ago :wink:

Lord Darkash:

My navy time stopped me seeing my girlfriend very much, they say absence makes the heart grow fonder and there must be some truth to it as im approaching my second wedding anniversery and shes now 15 weeks pregnant! All i did was blink and now all this! :0

Hashut’s Blessing:

You got her 15 weeks pregnant and married to you for two years by a mere blink? Wow, that must leave a lot of spare time…

Lord Darkash:

You got her 15 weeks pregnant and married to you for two years by a mere blink? Wow, that must leave a lot of spare time...

Hashut's Blessing
Time is relative. though i don't know whos.....