[Archive] WTT - Got CD / Hobgob Figs, want same

Hashut Kiwi:

Howdy, just joined the site / forum. Long time player from New Zealand who is finally getting round to applying some paint to the big hats.

I’ve got a range of spare CD / Hobgob figures for trade (eg plastic axemen, blunderbuss, odd centaur, sneaky gits, death rocket). I’m looking for the stretcher with shell on top to go with the Earthshaker (not the crew, just the stretcher) and a pair of hobgoblin bolthrowers and metal CD Axemen.

Happy for you to PM me or add to the thread. Other option is that I try and sell bits on ebay and then purchase what I need - but trading seemed far more community spirited!

Thanks for your time,

Reid.

Ellimist:

Hey, a fellow Kiwi, Welcome!

I’m interested in the centaurs, but I have nothing to trade unfortunately :(. If you’re willing to sell for cash however, I’m interested.

Hashut Kiwi:

Thanks Ellimist - I’ll optimistically save my bits for a trade - but if that doesn’t work I’m happy to see what we can do for $$'s.

I’m a jaffa - whereabouts are you from / name?

Cheers

Ellimist:

Hamilton, just South of.

wallacer:

I’m from New Zealand as well (Christchurch).��Welcome aboard. Is your surname Pittams by any chance? (if it is I think I played your Skaven in a tournament once).

Soon our numbers will be great enough to wrest control of the forum from the North Americans (soon… soon…)

Hashut Kiwi:

Yep, that’d be me. Nice to see that there other CD enthusiasts out there in Godzone. Shame thats its not that practical to get together other than virtually.

Cheers

Ellimist:

Depends. I know of 5 of us nationally now. You in AKL, me and another in Hamilton, and Wallacer and Father Grumpmas in the South Island. Anyone know of any others?

wallacer:

I was only aware of 4. Who is the other Hamiltonian?

(and I believe Grumpmas got a job in Auckland recently, so he is up that way now too).

Ellimist:

Paul Mounsey. I know he’s been using one recently.

Hashut Kiwi:

Other than Paul, mind sharing the actual names of the others? Be a bit rude to bump into you guys at conventions and not ‘compare hats’.

Also, I see an auction this weekend on trademe for CD bits and it looks like Wallacer is bidding. Rather than overbid - if you win the auction are you interested in selling me seperately the bolt thrower?

Cheers

wallacer:

Rather than overbid - if you win the auction are you interested in selling me seperately the bolt thrower?

Hashut Kiwi
lol, the bolt thrower is the only reason i'm bidding on the auction :P
I have two already, but neither of them are proper hobgoblin bolt throwers, they're just proxies, and I want a proper one for my collection. Sorry, Reid (I guess we'll just have to start bidding ;)).

Proper names.... well my name is Raymond Wallace, and "Father Grumpmas" is Mike Vercoe (I don't think he'll mind me telling you that).
I'm not hard to spot at tournaments - i'm the short guy with the jug of beer and the perpetual sunburn :D
Unfortunately my mortgage precludes me from being able to travel much to tournaments now, although I used to.

Tallhat:

Uuuuh! Are we telling real life names now??? :slight_smile: Im Martin Kristiansen a damned Dane :hat

- Tallhat

wallacer:

We were only telling real names as we are all in New Zealand and may bump into each other at a tournament sometime.

I’m guessing you Danes don’t attend too many tournaments in New Zealand :wink:

Hashut Kiwi:

Thanks Wallacer. Allright, I’ll see you on trademe this weekend :slight_smile:

C’mon Ellimist - drop the :mask.

I remember Mike from the GT last weekend - he had some very cool old school stuff in his Chaos army.

I was extremely annoyed that they are not allowing CD’s at GT’s this year - I’m hopeful that next year when its rumoured there’ll be a bit more local control that we might be able to change that.

Cheers

wallacer:

fingers crossed

The next Nationals is in Christchurch, so i’ll probably bring either my CD or VC to that (depending on how much I like the new VC list).

If you’re there i’ll keep an eye out for you.

:cheers

Hashut Kiwi:

Not sure about Natcon - we’re in a bit of a ‘wait and see’ mode on that one. Be interesting to see what the numbers are going to be for that - not seen too many SI’ers for the Wellington tournies.

Not sure if I’ll have my Hats done by then - I’m aiming for around Easter and am going to experiment with the camera to see if I can start a blog - not done that before.

Cheers

Ellimist:

Mask off? Not that any of you would know me from tournies, but it’s Gareth Round.

You might see me around at tournaments next year when the army’s complete and I’ve got enough experience with 7th edition to survive :).