[Archive] Wulfrik the Wanderer

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Some people find this guy to be quite ugly, but I have to say that I think this is one of the coolest miniatures the new WOC range has to offer.

For a mere 85 points model the paint job was quite tough with all these skulls and trophies, and it’s not even totally finished yet - I still have to glue on some snow, but I am scared a bit of ruining the model with it… :S

Ghrask Dragh:

Looks good, just the right metallics for Chaos! It’s a very busy mini though, still not quite convinced I like the sculpt :~

Nice work, looking forward to your army!

Thommy H:

I still think it’s a pretty bad model, but this is very nice paint job.

grunts:

Mother of pearl thats good! I’d say your excellent paint job has made this not even look like a bad sculpt. I think the admins should make a new medal for “Ability to Improve Bad Models with Paint”

Kera foehunter:

lol ish there is plenty of room left!! no wounder it hard to kill this guy with all the stuff he ware!! great paint job to

Zanzibar:

I think it’s a pretty characterful sculpt and I like the model a lot.

Exceptional paint job as well.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Glad you like him! :cheers

Actually Kera I felt that this guy can easily be turned into a pirate captain. Just slap on an eyepatch and maybe a tricorne and have Polly sit on his trophy rack and you’re done! ^^ It would even fit the theme, him being the captain of a raiding party aboard the ship “Seafang” and all.

The metal is actually a very dark olive-kind-of colour that I mixed together, with a bit chainmail or mithril silver painted on the edges. I tried to imitate the dark shaded armour of the 'Eavy Metal team, which I failed to achieve, but I think it looks kinda okay.

Viskar Zhragoth:

Looks great Ishkur! This is a wierd mini to some people, but I think it falls in with the character of his fluff…are you going to do something special for his unit? I especially liked the age skin on the shield…very nice color composition…complements the dark armor very well!

wallacer:

I have to be honest, I don’t hate the figure as much as some people seem to.  I will probably end up using him as a Marauder champion, since I don’t use SCs.

The paint job is excellent, Ishkur, as always.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Thanks, wallacer! This guy would be great as unit champion. Just leave away the trophy rack, use a different shield to hide most of the skulls on his body and you end up with a fairly regular (albeit hulking) marauder!

Zhragoth, I thought about building a small marauder regiment with 10 guys and use a nice viking ship bow as a unit filler. I’m sure it would look quite cool… although some people might ask why these guys are taking their ship along with them. :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, the Vikingr would’ve taken their boats with them :wink: Anyway, back on topic: EXCELLENT paintjob. I love the colours of the scales and the olive-esque armour, the dead skin looks brilliant and the orange of the beard has been done well, as has his skin. After looking at the model for sometime, I dislike the flayed man on the shield and find his proportions a little WoWesque, which unfortunately makes me dislike it because it’s too cartoony for the way I perceive the Warhammer genre, (Like I dislike the cartoony nature of Rackham models for Warhammer use

KRUG_666:

Splendid job painting Wulfrik.

I am also tacking this mini, but there is so much detail.

Hats off to you.

slev:

Is it me, or does he look a little like Bria Blessed in Blackadder I…

snyggejygge:

I still would´ve liked a different head & think the model is a bit too busy, but you did a great job on painting him & now I actually don´t think he looks as bad as I did from the beginning.

Kyte:

Isn’t there another head included in the set? I think a helmeted head would make the model look a lot less busy than that drunken flagelant head. It’s really nicely painted BTW.

Thanks

- Kyte

Ishkur Cinderhat:

No it’s the only head that comes with the miniature, but it comes separated from the body so you can always use a regular chaos warrior or -knight helmet.

Personally, I like this bearded head. Kinda reminds me of General Kael from ‘Willow’. :slight_smile:

Grimstonefire:

Was he the one with the skull mask/ helmet?

Excellant paint job.  The snow will help make the base more interesting.

I still think he’d make a very good BSB.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The snow will help make the base more interesting.

Grimstonefire
Good point, Grim. It took awhile before I found the courage to slap on some snow onto all these lovely details. I think with this small "upgrade" he'll now fit nicely into my winter themed Chaos Army. :)