[Archive] Xander & Vexxus Combo Conversion -- Earthshaker

Vexxus:

Wow, it's awesome.
But i think you forgot about mold lines.;)

Lord Archaon
That would be the "odds and ends" I was talking about haha the pic really makes them obvious atm. I wasn't sure Xander would like those posts so I didnt clean them up prior to gluing in case I had to rip them off anyways.

hehe... and yes, it has a tongue. The veins as noted by Ishkur, and the tongue by ashur, are signs of the daemon taking an increasing presence in the war machine!

Grish:

ZepELIN RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULES!

And nice pic. And I’m exhaused. 60 hr work weeks = sux. Going home! YAY~!

Kera foehunter:

cool now that rocks !!!

Xander:

This this is great. I did the crew and main body stuff that looks like the painted one you have seen, Vexxus did all the daemony work. Once the chains are attached to the spikes, it will look even cooler.

I am glad people saw the references to the old Earthshaker. :slight_smile:

Vexxus:

Shaved down the flash, and added a banner I have been working on (another modernized throwback to the original).

So priming soon to come, and painting as well, although the hobgoblins might come first, depending on some top secret factors, haha.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I like the spikes on top, the hand-totem-things look cool and will look even better when the chains are added, I like the inclusion of the tongue and veins (which I thought may have been daemonic/aethyric energy at first), as well as the skulls in it’s maw. It’s good to see throwbacks to the old earthshaker. With the marauder drum-come-shell, how did you remove the arm and keep it fully made?

It’s nice to see the Siegeshaker is still about :wink: Any idea on a paint scheme? Who’s army will it be used in?

Xander:

With the marauder drum-come-shell, how did you remove the arm and keep it fully made?

It's nice to see the Siegeshaker is still about ;) Any idea on a paint scheme? Who's army will it be used in?

Hashut's Blessing
a) I used two bits without arms. ;)

b) Our army is the same. I imagine it will be close to mine, but more daemonic.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Okay, that’s cool. As for the bit with no arm, I thought that was the side that was less than half?

Vexxus:

I like the inclusion of the tongue and veins (which I thought may have been daemonic/aethyric energy at first), as well as the skulls in it's maw.

Who's army will it be used in?

Hashut's Blessing
Thank you HB! The veins and tongue are definately the daemonic influence at work.

The paint scheme will follow the basics from Xander's (as it is for the same army as he mentioned, we are joint) but will be spiced up a bit. One way of looking at it would be to say that it is in fact the same canon, but the daemon is fighting for supremacy, and taking over! So the colour scheme will be the same, but I do like to paint brighter ;) and this 'version' has the extra details as well, but the goal is definitely to fit in with the rest of Xander's CD's!

AGPO:

The great thing is with the new chaos rules out next month you have some ready made Hellcannons for your army as well

Hashut’s Blessing:

Most welcome. It certainly does get the daemonic imagary across and, once painted, will definitely look closer to how you wished it to. Well, the brighter parts of your painting will just be the aethyric tendrils of conciousness :wink:

ashur:

I can wait any longer. I must see him painted!

Vexxus:

I can wait any longer. I must see him painted!

ashur
Well, as sort of a motivation, I am forcing myself to get the hobgoblins done first, so be patient! On the plus side, you will see hobgob photos up in about a weeks time I would say!

Sojourn:

hey Vex, let’s paint this weekend while Xander is in stinky Sudbury (lol, yes grishnahk) and try to finish up some stuff! k? then you can satisfy the masses :wink:

Vexxus:

hey Vex, let's paint this weekend while Xander is in stinky Sudbury (lol, yes grishnahk) and try to finish up some stuff! k? then you can satisfy the masses ;)

Sojourn
Are you free Friday Sojo? I am free Friday till 10:30 then going out, and our of town saturday sunday!

We could get a good 3-4 hours in there?

Sojourn:

Are you free Friday Sojo? I am free Friday till 10:30 then going out, and our of town saturday sunday!

We could get a good 3-4 hours in there?

Vexxus
Hrmmm, I will have to let you know how it's going. I have my year-end review at work today and then mid-afternoon it sounds like the office is going drinking (woohoo! although it could be to take out the sting of the reviews =S) and I may be at the Jays game.... I'll text you near the end of the day...

Hashut’s Blessing:

well, start painting either way, then if Sojourn CAN join you, it’ll get done faster as well :wink: PICTURES! PAINT AND PICTURES! whipcrack

Kera foehunter:

Don’t forget to put some of Sojourn cool flower on the bace!!!

Fridericus_Rex:

What for a model you have takken for the hand by the cudgel?

asheira:

looks great, where do you get the hellcannon bitz?